IOTM Winner - Feb 21, Sep 22, Mar 24
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
Happy for anybody to add to this thread.

Have you ever been on a road trip and wished you could stop along the way but you never do or can’t or don’t have time??

As a passenger, taking photos from a moving car, the native camera never seems to produce anything worth saving but taking photos with Hipstamatic, well that’s completely different and it makes the time go so fast. I still missed loads of interesting shots - a baboon and a donkey - because I was so busy going through the dozens of photos I had already taken.

I decided to use Hipstamatic X (or whatever it’s called now) because it’s high time I learnt to use it and I wasn’t fussed about not having the originals, It was more about experimental photography. I also decided to use the tele mode so that I could get shots that were a bit further away but which meant shots at the side of the road didn’t always work and sometimes Hipsta wouldn’t always focus but that resulted in some great serendipity out of focus shots.

I had a look at some recent posts by others and set the combo to Johnny C + Robusta + Apollo, quite extreme but interesting:

Route 62 in South Africa
IMG_7272.jpeg

Nice combos for the landscape you were driving through!
These are fun! I do like that Bernal combo. The Abbott K30 isn’t in the classic app.
You got some lovely tones in these. And I like the idea of setting one combo at a time.
Wowie!
Those are stunning captures.

Now I’m wondering …How many new exclusive films or filters are in the new Hipsta app?
We are taking a road trip to Florida next month... thanks! These are great!
Thanks all. It was great fun. I’m finding it difficult to get my own combos set up but I think I’ve finally cracked it. Really convoluted. Should go through the app‘s tutorials.

Today’s 3 hour journey going through two completely different landscapes and weather.

These taken with Yosemite (Muir + Sequoia). It really surprises me what I often get from a quick point and click and hope for the best. The door was particularly satisfying because I just saw a house with lovely flowers and thought must try and get some of it through the side window.

IMG_7326.jpeg

These taken again with Bernal which I thought might be better in the rainy conditions

IMG_7335.jpeg

By the way, I did find that the border on Bernal takes away quite a lot of detail on the edges, so if you think you are missing a part you want to show, you can remove the border. Here’s an example from one of the images above. It was a nice surprise to find that I got quite a lot of the road sign in.

HMOriginal-3C76F858-4E1F-43F1-A4C5-E4EDEDE28942.jpeg

You've got some very fun images here. I love the color shift in the first set, and the "through the viewfinder" look of the second set.

What is Bernal? Is that a combo from Hipsta(X)?

Back
Top Bottom