Image of the Month IOTM March *****RESULT*****

#18 Starzee Star

8C91D60E-CB77-4CAE-B031-A424279325A5.jpeg

Beautiful.:hearteyes:

terse
3F7D0569-D9D8-487D-A465-9458F33D7227.jpeg

adding this because I missed the content of this one first time round. It’s that fella sitting along, I instantly thought he is mourning someone that would have sat next to him on a regular walk. It was the emptiness and lonely feel I got from it. It deserves to be in this group of images imo

terse
View attachment 178454
adding this because I missed the content of this one first time round. It’s that fella sitting along, I instantly thought he is mourning someone that would have sat next to him on a regular walk. It was the emptiness and lonely feel I got from it. It deserves to be in this group of images imo
:notworthy: Thanks, Ric.

I instantly thought he is mourning someone that would have sat next to him on a regular walk.
It’s interesting that you saw that. This is on West Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz, about a 5 or 6 mile walk from one end to the other along the seaside cliffs. There are many benches like this along the way, and each one has a memorial of some sort, plus there are collections of flowers and sometimes other mementos at random spots along the way.

#29 ric alexander 'another London Tube image''

1648407899142.png

The second female candid portrait I've nominated, what must people think :eek:
Seriously, its a great candid and the fact is she is sitting there all oblivious of her surrounding reading a book called 'Silencio', nice one.
I actually think this is a better image than the down and out guy that won that particular round of the BWC, but each to their own.

#29 ric alexander 'another London Tube image''

View attachment 178563
The second female candid portrait I've nominated, what must people think :eek:
Seriously, its a great candid and the fact is she is sitting there all oblivious of her surrounding reading a book called 'Silencio', nice one.
I actually think this is a better image than the down and out guy that won that particular round of the BWC, but each to their own.
Wow! Thank you. Im gonna be experimenting again so my people shots will be taking a back seat for a little while. I’m gonna try creating some work with SuperimposeX, to work with grunging up and texturing images, along with procreate ( still can’t produce anything with that one though) and a couple of other apps.

Last edited:
#30 terse Twin Lakes Beach

E956994D-2E84-4B85-816C-154FA8411E17.jpeg

I wanted to nominate both this image and Ted’s ‘Surf fishing’ for the same reasons. This one by a nose for its spaciousness, light & shadow, sense of stillness & ever-so-subtle movement and absolutely perfect framing/composition.

Back
Top Bottom