Kite Aerial iPhoneography

Ah, I am understanding the technicalities a little better now, thanks Aaron... :thumbs:

Although the kite looks like it Islamist flying itself... :)

Is it just pot luck where the shots are 'aimed' though as I assume you are unable to see the image I these early takes... :D

From MiPhone4 via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Oh this is fab Aaron, its so unique! Well done with this, can't wait to see more :)
Nice one Lindsey... :thumbs:

Absolutely superb to have you join the MobiTog community, we are very pleased to welcome you... :D

Chuck a few words in the Welcome section and give everyone a chance to say hi and drop you pin on the MobiMap (found under the Members tab top left)... ;)

We hope you like it here and will find time to actively participate in the fun and frolics, any Qs just shout up... :D

Lindsey76 said:
Oh this is fab Aaron, its so unique! Well done with this, can't wait to see more :)

Thanks Lindsey, I tried taking some yesterday over a lake, however there wasn't enough wind to lift the iPhone rig. :-( . One cool thing happened though, two hawks flew over and started circling the kite. I was worried they were going to attack, lol.

the idrostey shot of the bike rider is superb as is the one of the road and grass. Excellent composition and subjects....some real potential for pic stuff here....nice.

iNOLOGIST said:
the idrostey shot of the bike rider is superb as is the one of the road and grass. Excellent composition and subjects....some real potential for pic stuff here....nice.

Thanks Mate, I did try iDroste however the bike rider image was done in tiny planets. I am pretty excited about the possibilities, not much wind around lately though. :-(

Wow!! I'm late to the party, but this is so cool! Can hardly wait to see more of what you discover with this new technique!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

mrtnwild said:
these are awsome. you are braver than me sending your precious as golem would say into the sky.

The kite I have is quite good in that it floats to the ground instead of dropping if the wind goes away.

RoseCat (Catherine) said:
Wow!! I'm late to the party, but this is so cool! Can hardly wait to see more of what you discover with this new technique!

To be honest with you Catherine, I keep getting distracted and wanting to try something new before I properly explore what I'm doing. I will have to get back to it though. :)

Aaron- this is such a fun project. I especially like the shots of the river and the one you processed in idrost. Was it expensive to get the kite and kit to hold the iPhone. Also, how safe is this flying an iPhone way up in the air?

Reed said:
Aaron- this is such a fun project. I especially like the shots of the river and the one you processed in idrost. Was it expensive to get the kite and kit to hold the iPhone. Also, how safe is this flying an iPhone way up in the air?

Hi Reed, the whole set up would have cost me $200 Australian. The kit that holds the phone had to be built using a mixture of imported pieces and hardware materials. Making sure the wind conditions are just right is really important, the wind has to be strong enough to lift the rig, but not do strong that the kit is unstable in the air. I make sure the conditions are right before I send the phone up. It would be good to have a selection of kites for different wind conditions, e.g Parafoil for strong winds.

Hi Mobipeeps, here's my latest Kite Aerial iPhoneography creation. I used Perfectly Clear, Blur Fx and DXP for post processing.

image-1049187929.png

That's kinda weird but in a wonderful sorta way Aaron... ;)

Superb composition on it too, accidental or no... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Venomator said:
That's kinda weird but in a wonderful sorta way Aaron... ;)

Superb composition on it too, accidental or no... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Totally accidental, the picavet would have been swinging in the breeze to create the unorthodox horizon line.

Awesome Aaron, mind blowing stuff, a very interesting take on iphoneography, I am chuffed to be watching this journey.
This is really really good. Is the mounting for the iPhone custom built or commercially available?

sdgareth said:
Awesome Aaron, mind blowing stuff, a very interesting take on iphoneography, I am chuffed to be watching this journey.
This is really really good. Is the mounting for the iPhone custom built or commercially available?

The iPhone is mounted in a Snap Mount (commercially made) that is attached to something I constructed myself. There should be a pic of it somewhere in this thread (page1) :)

Back
Top Bottom