RESULT MCC #331, ends Nov 12, Theme: Autumn

Fall fruit
IMG_1646.jpeg

IMG_1657.jpeg

Photos

First place is a tie between lkbside's "Day of the Dead dress up" with its solemn-faced young skeletons and lkbside's "Day of the Dead" altar with its brilliant colors (especially those orange marigolds against the blue tiles and skulls). In addition to the colors and the Day of the Dead connections, both of which say autumn to me here in California, they also have that autumn light that I like so much, on those days when the air is crisp but the rains haven't started yet. Congrats Leslie!

img_3364-jpeg.197524

img_3189-jpeg.197530

Honorable mentions to NickLeon's Autumn amongst the ghouls and deepop's "Chicken coop" with its bright orange on turquoise. And an extra nod to chineezguy's untitled water, reeds, and ducks image, which called back autumn in the area around the Sacramento River where I grew up.

First place is a tie between lkbside's "Day of the Dead dress up" with its solemn-faced young skeletons and lkbside's "Day of the Dead" altar with its brilliant colors (especially those orange marigolds against the blue tiles and skulls). In addition to the colors and the Day of the Dead connections, both of which say autumn to me here in California, they also have that autumn light that I like so much, on those days when the air is crisp but the rains haven't started yet. Congrats Leslie!

img_3364-jpeg.197524

img_3189-jpeg.197530

Honorable mentions to NickLeon's Autumn amongst the ghouls and deepop's "Chicken coop" with its bright orange on turquoise. And an extra nod to chineezguy's untitled water, reeds, and ducks image, which called back autumn in the area around the Sacramento River where I grew up.
Yay Leslie!!!! I’m too far away from the border for Day of the Dead but I do love the idea.

img_3364-jpeg.197524

img_3189-jpeg.197530

Congrats to Leslie and the HMs. Thanks,Ted, for my HM.

Back
Top Bottom