MobiColour MobiColour 265 Jan 25-Feb 1 “OBJECTS”

the results for this week:

First to Ann ImageArt for her “fun with pastels” photo. Not only was her composition of the pastels and the box a good example of ordinary objects arranged creatively, but adding the hand drawn figures, little footprints and a handprint was just perfect. I think Dina Belenko may have some competition if Ann decides to pursue more fun flat lay creations.

Second to Nick NickLeon for his footrest photo. A great example of an ordinary object positioned creatively. Did you come upon that scene or did you arrange the trash can?

Third to Jilly JillyG for The Chairs. You don’t see something like that everyday - catching the car driving past, plus the complementary fall foliage colors in the background make the shot.

and finally to the honorary mentions:

kudos for rizole for creatively taking the challenge literally, lying down flat and shooting up at his perfectly centered hatch.

to Bill WOTANICUS for visually teaching me a new word “natsukashii”.

and for sheer loveliness David’s deepop ’s garlic.

congrats all!

First to Ann ImageArt for her “fun with pastels” photo. Not only was her composition of the pastels and the box a good example of ordinary objects arranged creatively, but adding the hand drawn figures, little footprints and a handprint was just perfect. I think Dina Belenko may have some competition if Ann decides to pursue more fun flat lay creations.

Second to Nick NickLeon for his footrest photo. A great example of an ordinary object positioned creatively. Did you come upon that scene or did you arrange the trash can?

Third to Jilly JillyG for The Chairs. You don’t see something like that everyday - catching the car driving past, plus the complementary fall foliage colors in the background make the shot.

kudos for rizole for creatively taking the challenge literally, lying down flat and shooting up at his perfectly centered hatch.

congrats all!
Congrats to all! Love Anne’s! It would’ve been my top pick, too.

Congrats to Ann and Jilly. Also many thanks for your comments - and yes, I just found it like that. My first thought was along the lines of “ruddy silly place to leave that bin”, then I looked again. As usual some great images here.

congrats all!
Oooh, thanks for my third Leslie.:hearteyes: Super congrats to ImageArt Ann - that was a great image and the extras were inspired. I love those little stick people. Well done to NickLeon Nick too with his second place. And well done lkbside Leslie for a great theme.

congrats all!
We could’ve easily stopped posting after Ann put up her pastels. Congrats to Nick, Jilly and the HM’s. Thanks,Leslie, for my mention.

congrats all!
Wow, so unexpected. Thanks Leslie and well done to the others. Another fab week.

As the new Colour Challenge isn’t up yet and today is a pretty hectic day, I’m going to announce the new challenge here.

SHOOT OUT OF FOCUS and BOKEH
So preferably not ICM or blur but rather taking a shot out of focus or having just a small area in focus. Bokeh a plus. You might need one of the manual camera apps for this but happy for cleverly manipulated images too. Shooting through objects to achieve the out of focus look another example. I’m looking for an photo that lends itself to being out of focus. Doesn’t have to be massively out of focus.

congrats all!
Congrats to Ann! As Starzee said, that would have been my pick, too. Well done Nick and Jilly also. :notworthy:

As the new Colour Challenge isn’t up yet and today is a pretty hectic day, I’m going to announce the new challenge here.

So preferably not ICM or blur but rather taking a shot out of focus or having just a small area in focus. Bokeh a plus. You might need one of the manual camera apps for this but happy for cleverly manipulated images too. Shooting through objects to achieve the out of focus look another example. I’m looking for an photo that lends itself to being out of focus. Doesn’t have to be massively out of focus.
Good theme, I like it. I assume this is more of an accidental out of focus, a happy accident rather than a premeditated blur?
Correct me if I'm wrong, Bokeh is where the background is blurred but the foreground or subject is in focus?

Last edited:

Great stuff, I love a bit of bokeh!

Good theme, I like it. I assume this is more of an accidental out of focus, a happy accident rather than a premeditated blur?
Correct me if I'm wrong, Bokeh is where the background is blurred but the foreground or subject is in focus?
Bokeh is a japanese loan-word that refers to the out of focus portion of the background image. Its the sort of 'bubble' effect caused by lens distortion. A lot of older analogue lens and some cinematic anamorphic cameras are prized for their bokeh effects. Sample image is not taken with a mobile, but shows the inclusion of prominent 'bokeh'

SAM_2546.JPG

Last edited:
Bokeh is a japanese loan-word that refers to the out of focus portion of the background image. Its the sort of 'bubble' effect caused by lens distortion. A lot of older analogue lens and some cinematic anamorphic cameras are prized for their bokeh effects. Sample image is not taken with a mobile, but shows the inclusion of prominent 'bokeh'

View attachment 176338
Nice, I can get that effect (kind of). But Ann's theme is kind of ambiguous when she asks for Blur/Bokeh, as the main subject is in focus.

congrats all!
Congrats ImageArt and props to NickLeon & JillyG :D

Back
Top Bottom