MobiColour MobiColour #268 Theme: Minimalism

View attachment 177104
I spent a lot of time setting up this Japanese-esque flower arrangement, so I’m going to milk it.:lol: Lots of apps (see my 365) to produce the base image and then into Decim8. It’s a bit abstract and I’m not sure if it’s Minimalist enough, but I’ll let Kevin decide on that.:D
It just keeps getting better! I saw another version on Instagram!

'Salmon'

D340BB4C-4131-4BE8-B6A8-0D7950FF4783.jpeg

Last edited:
Huntsman at rest

15DCBEEC-6636-4653-B7CB-40CB18CBD3DA.jpeg

SnapSeed crop and auto correct.

Inspired by younger Julia’s courage, I got as close as I dared, stabilising the edge of my phone against the wall. Felt pretty brave until I realised that to tap the shutter I had to move my fingers around the front ie where I couldn’t see how close they were to the spider :eek:

He’s not very big as Huntsmen go (and completely harmless to humans) but I’d rather pick him up on purpose than accidentally brush my fingers across him. When I can’t see him. I’m sure somebody understands.

Anyway to show myself I wasn’t a great big wuss I took a few more straight on (almost :mobibabe:) and even nudged him a bit with the corner of the phone to encourage him to spread out a bit*. No such luck: he was clearly very sleepy.

(*Sometimes these guys lie with their legs together and straight out, like miniature straw brooms)

EAEDA3DC-144E-4C30-9A52-16132702C1BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Rain coming

0828E44E-016D-4EA2-9A12-925A634210AA.jpeg

Found and heavily edited minimalism. I’ve photographed something with an interesting shape and texture but a decidedly inelegant origin. A page of yellow lined paper blend in Union and a smudge brush in SketchClub added some movement and a Blackie edit gave the smudges grainy edges. 14 or so passes through DistressedFX and SnapSeed sharpening and smoothing and layering filters and textures until it looked like something I liked.

Last edited:
Huntsman at rest

SnapSeed crop and auto correct.

Inspired by younger Julia’s courage, I got as close as I dared, stabilising the edge of my phone against the wall. Felt pretty brave until I realised that to tap the shutter I had to move my fingers around the front ie where I couldn’t see how close they were to the spider :eek:

He’s not very big as Huntsmen go (and completely harmless to humans) but I’d rather pick him up on purpose than accidentally brush my fingers across him.

When I can’t see him.

I’m sure somebody understands.

Anyway to show myself I wasn’t a great big wuss I took a few more straight on (almost :mobibabe:) and even nudged him a bit with the corner of the phone to encourage him to spread out a bit*. No such luck: he was clearly very sleepy.

(*Sometimes these guys lie with their legs together and straight out, like miniature straw brooms)

View attachment 177215
I think you get the prize, that’s a great shot and a great close up! Lucky you he was so tired!

Back
Top Bottom