sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
I was thinking about the ongoing 'global' health crisis and wondered if it would be useful or interesting to have a thread stating our current health and the circumstances we may find ourselves in. If any of us fall ill we can at least offer cyber support.

As we have members from the UK, USA, Germany, Portugal, Canada, Australia etc we may find ourselves in challenging times ahead.

So something like....

I'm John from the UK, currently Corona free, not currently restricted apart from travel out of the UK, still commuting to work full time.

Here in Hamburg we start to lock down public life like visiting concerts, museums and so on.
My company made home office mandatory from tomorrow on. The only thing I'm currently worried about is the people. I fear that people start to panic and do stupid things.

Good idea for a thread John. All seems quite normal here in Fotheringhay, UK at the moment. I went into the Coop supermarket yesterday in Oundle and all was okay. A few gaps in the shelves - eggs and flour weirdly. Maybe everyone locally is going to be making pancakes. :rolleyes: So, at the moment, we’re fine and, as far as we know, virus free.:thumbs:

Here in Hamburg we start to lock down public life like visiting concerts, museums and so on.
My company made home office mandatory from tomorrow on. The only thing I'm currently worried about is the people. I fear that people start to panic and do stupid things.
Yes, if there’s one thing that we can rely on it’s that some people will always do stupid things.

Good idea for a thread John. All seems quite normal here in Fotheringhay, UK at the moment. I went into the Coop supermarket yesterday in Oundle and all was okay. A few gaps in the shelves - eggs and flour weirdly. Maybe everyone locally is going to be making pancakes. :rolleyes: So, at the moment, we’re fine and, as far as we know, virus free.:thumbs:
I had cause to visit two supermarkets over the weekend, both had very little toilet roll or cans of baked beans..........hmmmm :rolleyes:

Flour, bread, pasta and toilet paper all sold out or nearly so at our coop half an hour ago.
Obviously I took pictures.
20200315_180339.jpg

Be a week or two before we'll be mandated to work from home I reckon.

As I'm backing bread for ourselves for now about 4 months and did my flour order yesterday, the shop had a banner that it will take about 10-14 days delivery instead of normally 4 days.
But I'm good for another 2 weeks with the ingredients I have.
We'll head out for shopping tomorrow morning as the kids have no school due to Covid-19 - curious how it will be...

Last edited:
Flour, bread, pasta and toilet paper all sold out or nearly so at our coop half an hour ago.
Obviously I took pictures.
View attachment 156078
Be a week or two before we'll be mandated to work from home I reckon.
Yes, but there’s still plenty of Mr Kipling’s cakes, so all is right with the world. :lol:

So does anyone know someone who's been tested positive for the virus, family member, friend, colleague? I know I don't.
No one I know yet. There've been 7 confirmed cases in the county, but I'm sure there'll be more. Lots of people who live here work in Silicon Valley (about 45 minutes away), and lots of people in Silicon Valley fly all over. Santa Clara county (where Silicon Valley lies) has 114 confirmed cases. The road from Santa Cruz to the valley is usually packed at almost any time of day, but we drove up there Thursday, and traffic was very light.

Last edited:
I was thinking about the ongoing 'global' health crisis and wondered if it would be useful or interesting to have a thread stating our current health and the circumstances we may find ourselves in. If any of us fall ill we can at least offer cyber support.

As we have members from the UK, USA, Germany, Portugal, Canada, Australia etc we may find ourselves in challenging times ahead.

So something like....

I'm John from the UK, currently Corona free, not currently restricted apart from travel out of the UK, still commuting to work full time.
What a wonderful idea, John. :inlove:

I am virus-free, and in addition to my usual daily immune boosting regime (colloidal silver, cell salts), I've added homemade elderberry syrup, wildcrafted Douglas Fir needle tea (very high in vitamin c), and bone broth. Also trying (r e a l l y trying :whistle: ) to limit my sugar intake. :tongueclosed:

Being in the USA epicenter of this pandemic (Washington state) has been a bit surreal. Many/most schools are closed until the end of April, huge companies like Microsoft and Amazon are asking employees to work from home, and most of our shelves are completely out of toilet paper, and very low on any type of sanitizing product and canned foods.

My mom is at the very top of the ladder for those at risk (82 years old with COPD living in a senior apartment building) but she is staying home, healthy, and so far no one in her building is ill.

Social distancing isn't really a struggle for me as I tend to be a home body any way, plus the friends I'm living with have a kitten, so there's THAT. :hearteyecat: I'm still searching for a job, and hope that this pandemic won't prevent me from securing one soon, but I'm staying positive.

So does anyone know someone who's been tested positive for the virus, family member, friend, colleague? I know I don't.
No, not yet. I don’t even know anyone who knows someone - which is unusual. There’s always someone who knows someone. I expect that will change in the next few weeks.

No one I know has tested positive. Every school in the county is closed even though there is not one confirmed case here, or in any of our neighboring counties. I get that the idea is to keep it that way, but they could have given us a few days to get materials together and figure out the long distance learning. On the plus side, many of the educational websites have suspended fees for their content,

Nobody as of yet, but we’ve been road tripping so hard to say.
toilet paper, mince meat, napkins, tissues, paper towels, flour, pasta (but not gluten-free pasta :lmao:), hand sanitizers, body/hand wash of any kind, all gone. People line up up to 1h before the supermarkets open and in less than 1h all those items are gone. Supermarkets limiting the amount of the above per purchase. Hard to understand!

I'm in South Africa along the South coast. Not a soul here has it but the toilet rolls are starting to disappear off the shelves - can't figure that one out??

I made my own hand sanitizer: 1/3 rubbing alcohol (or Vodka), 15 drops essential lavender oil, 15 drops essential tea tree oil. Shake and then top up with Aloe Vera gel and shake again. Thyme very good for respiratory and antiseptic too. I take olive leaf as a natural antibiotic. Vit C good for CV apparently.

I can think of worse places to be stuck. My DH and I are so laid back about the whole thing, we are almost horizontal.

Back
Top Bottom