MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
image.jpeg

A friend working in Egypt sent me a horribly low-res (she has a very old phone) image of the full moon rising over the Red Sea. I don't know how the moon got to be that shape but I decided it sucked as a moon photo but would prob work well as an abstract. I'm still wondering about doing more with that beautiful orange/red (RoseCat what is the colour?), meantime:

Shot: courtesy Diana on an old android phone
Edit: SnapSeed Brushstroke Union Formulas

View attachment 74141

A friend working in Egypt sent me a horribly low-res (she has a very old phone) image of the full moon rising over the Red Sea. I don't know how the moon got to be that shape but I decided it sucked as a moon photo but would prob work well as an abstract. I'm still wondering about doing more with that beautiful orange/red (RoseCat what is the colour?), meantime:

Very striking - I love it. Could the colour be vermillion ?

Beautifully simple image. Crimson maybe?

EDIT: No, I think Jilly's closer. Too much blue in Crimson samples I looked at.

Last edited:
This is so striking!! I would call this Tomato Red, although I think a more elegant term would be Jilly's Vermillion. I realize too that it all depends on the screen we're looking at the image on, and I happen to be at work on my PC, so who knows....

EDIT: upon Googling both Vermillion and Tomato Red, they look very, very close almost identical (although there was also a deeper/darker tomato red swatch that looked more like a crimson to my eye.)

View attachment 74141

The shape could be due to the lensing effect of the atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom