My iPhone Images

I also like Argentum because even though it shoots in b/w it can save a color capture at the same time. If I decide I'm not happy with the b/w mix I chose in Argentum, I can take the color image into Lightroom Mobile or Pixelmator Photo and redo the b/w conversion.
Aha, something was tickling my memory, so I checked and Blackie can save a color original as well.

EDIT: And a little more poking around shows that Argentum can save a b/w, a color, and a raw image all at the same time. Apologies for hijacking this Hipsta thread.

Aha, something was tickling my memory, so I checked and Blackie can save a color original as well.

EDIT: And a little more poking around shows that Argentum can save a b/w, a color, and a raw image all at the same time. Apologies for hijacking this Hipsta thread.

No need to say sorry as it's all good help/advice.

Ive had Classic for three years plus now - I never took to the upstart X. I'm using it now that its been upgraded, but Classic is just so good. Its especially good, because of the editing facilities. If you enjoy mono work, try Blackie or Argentum - two of my go to black and white apps, especially good for street work.

Hi Bill, nice to see you :thumbs:

04B59151-E5C3-47B9-AF99-399B9FC68762.jpeg

I'm a big fan of Libatique and Bream. The Bream film gives a lovely big border reminiscent of an old bromide print. Also sits well with Blackeys films.

Just downloaded and tried Argentum and think it's actually very good, I will get a couple of the paid filters as I totally love B&W because of my jazz gig days.

Ive had Classic for three years plus now - I never took to the upstart X. I'm using it now that its been upgraded, but Classic is just so good. Its especially good, because of the editing facilities. If you enjoy mono work, try Blackie or Argentum - two of my go to black and white apps, especially good for street work.

Just had a quick try with Argentum and imo I actually think I will use it the most, looks like you can get the settings you need/want just right. Just having a look at what Filters to buy as it says 9.99 for the lot.

Just had a quick try with Argentum and imo I actually think I will use it the most, looks like you can get the settings you need/want just right. Just having a look at what Filters to buy as it says 9.99 for the lot.
I use the AA, IP, and YK filters the most often. The DL I've hardly used at all -- not enough contrast for me.

I have always liked B&W images but as soon as I started to photograph the jazz gigs I fell in love with B&W with a bit of grain in it. I have some old childhood photos in an album with me growing up in Australia where I was born, a long with those I have old slides that I want to photograph for a digital keepsake, as I tried ages ago and was happy with it and stuck it in my flickr. One of the reasons why I got the Ricoh GR III was for the B&W as it puts out beautifully.

I really just use the Ansel Adams. Think I bought the Irving Penn too, but the rest, like Ted says, lack and useful contrast.

OK, I see the signs of the zodiac in the small circle, then the roman numerals I to XII (twice) in the next circle, but what's the odd sequence of arabic numerals going around the outside? Inquiring minds need to know.

Hi Ted all my pocket watches I got from Amazon, I got them only because I loved the look of them for my macro shots when using one on my bigger camera's. So I have not a clue as to why the Arabic numerals are on it.

Back
Top Bottom