MobiLifer
MobiStaff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
PINHOLE SNAPPAK

With an introduction by our good friend Eric Rozen:

This month Hipstamatic has decided to surprise you! The new Pak doesn’t relate to a city, or even a famous photographer, but pays tribute to the earliest ancestor of photography: the pinhole camera.

A pinhole camera, also known as the "camera obscura", is a very simple device that allows you to make a photographic camera. It is basically a simple box with a tiny hole pierced through one side; allowing a ray of light to pass through. The image is projected onto the surface opposite this hole and can be captured on a light-sensitive support, such as photographic paper, for example.

It’s a principal that was already applied during Greek antiquity. Aristotle (384-322 BC) was the first to describe it.

Hence, the new Hipstamatic film has been named Aristotle: a black and white film with a light vignette. The pinhole camera effect can be obtained by combining Aristotle with the new Pinholelens, which will add a concave distortion to your pictures. As usual you will have to test these elements together with any of the other elements in the catalogue to discover all the possibilities.

pinhole.png

TYPE
SnapPak
CONTENTS
Lens, Film, and Case
Lens, Film, and Camera Case

THIS PAK INCLUDES

Add authentic pinhole distortion and quality with this build-it-yourself lens.
Lens = PENNY

This unique black and white film pairs perfectly with a pinhole lens and gets deep rich shadows for your image.
Film = ARISTOTLE

Made of 100% recycled post-consumer waste, this case comes complete with step-by-step instructions for assembly
Case= DIY

PHOTO BY ARAVIND KAIMAL
medium_pinhole01-513665a2-e8ed-4cac-977a-76995ec5a894.jpg

Taken with Penny Lens and Aristotle Film

PHOTO BY RYAN DORSHORST
medium_pinhole02-95dcd237-4943-42d3-9f8c-957b52894ded.jpg

PHOTO BY RYAN DORSHORST
medium_pinhole03-f78c5af1-a07b-4e26-aaa4-a6ff0821bb65.jpg

Taken with Penny Lens and Blanko Freedom13 Film
PHOTO BY ARAVIND KAIMAL
medium_pinhole04-44d45169-b097-4d97-9cc3-3f8342bf8606.jpg

PHOTO BY RYAN DORSHORST
medium_pinhole05-1f7e16cf-0659-41cf-aeaa-edde8fa52882.jpg

PHOTO BY RYAN DORSHORST
medium_pinhole06-14923231-fa7d-48ba-9888-5033d7f866ba.jpg

PHOTO BY RYAN DORSHORST
medium_pinhole07-f0db1b7f-9b38-47fe-914e-0a0d4199321e.jpg

Taken with Penny Lens and Blanko Freedom13 Film

PHOTO BY ARAVIND KAIMAL
medium_pinhole08-34b54c6d-7c8a-456d-935e-4d4057f6b4fb.jpg

PHOTO BY ARAVIND KAIMAL
medium_pinhole09-f9cf6946-b338-4faa-b33e-ac4d9f6a0cb7.jpg

I must say their graphics for the lenses, films, cases etc. are always gorgeous.
Indeed they are, even if the gear is not always as pleasing... :whistle:

Although this one does appear to be pretty good at emulating what it is supposed to... :coffee:

It will be interesting to see how the fillum shapes up against other lenses... :D

I may be asking too much of Hipsta's lonely developer, but it would be interesting if they'd gone a bit further into the pinhole thing - allowing for (or even requiring) long exposures for Penny lens.
Apart from that, Aristotle is a great add to the b&w line of Hipsta films.

Last edited:
Traveling. But I'm working on it. I have a couple shots of kids playing ball in a square that worked, but they were taken with my camera and then edited, so can't put them here. Hope to do some edits of Hipsta shots by tomorrow. It's not my typical style, but I hope to get some post worthy ones.

And a couple more. I like the new Pak. You do need a strong central focus and I haven't found any color films that work.

Building in San Sebastián, Spain
Origami mask
Sign to bathrooms in a hotel in Cimarron, NM

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's not my typical style, but it works in some instances. Better than the last 'fashion' Pak I think.

On another note, they just released an update which regrettably fixed my favorite 'bug', the lack of date on BKBW. There are so many problems with the app and they focus on that??? Argh.

It's not my typical style, but it works in some instances. Better than the last 'fashion' Pak I think.

On another note, they just released an update which regrettably fixed my favorite 'bug', the lack of date on BKBW. There are so many problems with the app and they focus on that??? Argh.
Yeah, it's a bit sad. It used to me my go-to camera app.... now I very rarely use it.

Back
Top Bottom