• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Remembering Our Beginnings

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
This thread is inspired by a post by rizole of one of his very first mobile photographs. I think this could be really fun and interesting to see the images we took with our first mobile device. For some of us, this will go back quite a few years! It will also be fun to see how/if our styles have changed, the apps we may or may not use any more, etc.

So to start, here are a couple of mine from April 2010... I had an iPhone 3G (3GS? can’t remember offhand which was my first :confused: ) I do know these were taken in Hipstamatic as that was my app of choice in the beginning, almost exclusively. Can anyone guess the film/lens combo?

EA263187-98BA-4857-A1B2-F8CB4AEB3557.jpeg
2E039394-29CA-4228-B2A8-AD32FC8E8869.jpeg

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
This thread is inspired by a post by rizole of one of his very first mobile photographs. I think this could be really fun and interesting to see the images we took with our first mobile device. For some of us, this will go back quite a few years! It will also be fun to see how/if our styles have changed, the apps we may or may not use any more, etc.

So to start, here are a couple of mine from April 2010... I had an iPhone 3G (3GS? can’t remember offhand which was my first :confused: ) I do know these were taken in Hipstamatic as that was my app of choice in the beginning, almost exclusively. Can anyone guess the film/lens combo?

View attachment 106544 View attachment 106545
Looking at that second image Catherine I'd say you've come a long way since then ;)

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Photo0237.jpg
Photo0430.jpg
Photo0606.jpg
Photo0608.jpg
Photo0631.jpg

My journey also seemed to have started in 2010. I had a Samsung S5230 Tocco Lite. These are unedited as Android was pretty hopeless to begin with, so most from that era that are edited were done on a desktop editor, photoshop etc.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
When I first started I used Hipsta exclusively too, but none of those images have been saved. This was one of the first images I posted on Mobi.

View attachment 106553
Picfx
Picfx!! I used that one a lot too! Yours has a bit of that same “look” that most of us had (I thought it was artsy at the time but now I’m wont to call it “over edited” :lmao: )

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I tend to think of my progression as one of camera quality in mobile cameras, not necessarily phones. I'd had a nice digicam from the early 2000's but it was so bulky it only came out at home or on special occasions or if I was planning on taking pics but it's portability and 'always on me' that defines a mobile camera for me and has led to my digicam getting sold a few years ago.
This is a camera built into a watch so it was with me where ever and whenever I needed it. 120 *120 pixels.
Taken in 2003 on our honeymoon.
The Minack Theatre in Cornwall. They were doing a Shakespeare but I can't remember which.
Pict024.JPG

The Great Pyramid of Giza.
Pict037.JPG

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I tend to think of my progression as one of camera quality in mobile cameras, not necessarily phones. I'd had a nice digicam from the early 2000's but it was so bulky it only came out at home or on special occasions or if I was planning on taking pics but it's portability and 'always on me' that defines a mobile camera for me and has led to my digicam getting sold a few years ago.
This is a camera built into a watch so it was with me where ever and whenever I needed it. 120 *120 pixels.
Taken in 2003 on our honeymoon.
The Minack Theatre in Cornwall. They were doing a Shakespeare but I can't remember which.
View attachment 106558
The Great Pyramid of Giza.
View attachment 106561
Pretty damn good for a camera watch!! What a great place to spend a honeymoon.
I was there for about 10 days Dec 1999/Jan 2000 - we just missed each other! LOL

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Yes. My first mobile camera with any quality was a Samsung. This one is from 2008, edited in photoshop.
View attachment 106563
This is great too!

Come on though... there’s got to be lots of those funky over-edited never-use-these-apps-any-more photos out there. I have loads, but don’t want to do that to you guys.... :eek:

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
And now I'm spending time going through my back catalogue, the first colour mobile picture I still have is from 2005, taken on a Nokia 3220.
I then went through a few years of progressively better phones/cameras. All my pics from then are family photos, the creative stuff was all done on the digital camera which was better quality obviously.
Then, the global fainancial crisis happened, I got made redundant and we had a our second kid and moved 2 and a half hours west where we didn't know anyone and paying jobs we're few and far between. After that we were broke for some time and when the samsung (above) died I got myself a £10 Sony with a rubbish camera and reverted to using the digital camera instead.
There are almost zero mobile pics on my hard drive until January 2012 when I got my first smart phone, a HTC Desire S.
It still took me nearly a year to find snapssed. Here's my first unedited smartphone pic I'm happy with.
IMAG0250.jpg

Excuse me rambling on a bit...:oops: :p

Attachments

• tess and louis.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 15

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
It still took me nearly a year to find snapssed. Here's my first unedited smartphone pic I'm happy with.
Haha!!! :D This is great.... and I think I remember seeing it here somewhere before.

Excuse me rambling on a bit...:oops: :p
Not at all... I love hearing these types of life bits and bobs. :inlove:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Drat, every time this type of thread comes up I don’t have access to my photos - just given my hard drives to a friend for safe keeping while we are away. However I took so few pics with a mobile phone until I found Mobitog here in 2014 that they aren’t really worth sharing anyway. My first Smartphone was only 2013 and it was a cheap Samsung Ace. My earliest pic was with a Centro Palm Pilot but I think they were just people shots.