B&W RESULT:#08 Black & White Challenge

I agree with Jilly - must be from shooting into the sun, and you must be happy with this image? (Translation: we are happy with this image!)

Thanks zenjenny :) good to know if u think like that.. sometimes i want "tobe" like others: clean, clear & simple b/w...with no shadow/silhouette hehe...

Btw, i saw many use Snapseed to edit b/w like me. And mostly from color photos. Any suggestions which tools best to use on color photos before convert it into b/w? (Admin, if there is any suitable threads for this, let me know). Thanks.

My father at age 10 in 1926 (with 2 of his older brothers). Do photos of old pictures count? I used the Unfade app, then Snapseed to convert from brownish to B&W.

I'm heavily into genealogy and recently found the photo. Yes, it tells me a story. It was taken shortly after his arrival in Detroit from the family farm outside of Ottawa in Canada. As the youngest of 17 children, he and his parents joined some of his older siblings there. I even found them in the 1930 census.

IMG_0734.JPG

My father at age 10 in 1926 (with 2 of his older brothers). Do photos of old pictures count? I used the Unfade app, then Snapseed to convert from brownish to B&W.

I'm heavily into genealogy and recently found the photo. Yes, it tells me a story. It was taken shortly after his arrival in Detroit from the family farm outside of Ottawa in Canada. As the youngest of 17 children, he and his parents joined some of his older siblings there. I even found them in the 1930 census.

View attachment 87791

17 children???:eek: Now I've got over the shock of that, it's a great bit of editing. I love the story behind it.

View attachment 87791

That's a great image! Wow.....17 children?!?! I can't even imagine that.

Did you photograph the original with your mobile device and then edit it? Because that totally counts [emoji1360]

View attachment 87791
What a treasure :)

Thanks zenjenny :) good to know if u think like that.. sometimes i want "tobe" like others: clean, clear & simple b/w...with no shadow/silhouette hehe...

Btw, i saw many use Snapseed to edit b/w like me. And mostly from color photos. Any suggestions which tools best to use on color photos before convert it into b/w? (Admin, if there is any suitable threads for this, let me know). Thanks.

Besides SnapSeed? Monokrom, Blackie, Lenka, Hipstamatic, Dramatic B&W -- everyone posting in this thread would know more than I do about B&W conversion. Venomator Chris Wadsworth terse lkbside Tomliw @everyoneelse?

Good shot, good title. And I love the combination of the stark black/white with those smooth edges. Did Pulp camera do that, or did you smooth them later?

Pulp did it! This was my first go with Pulp so I was pleasantly surprised at its 'buffing and whitening' fx (the app description is hilarious btw - well worth a look). Low output. Lots of textures and 'grid' patterns. Our GroovyGouvy & Lzed have reviewed it in AppZapp.

And thank you, terse :)

Back
Top Bottom