B&W RESULT:#11 Black & White Challenge

Yet another first class pool of submissions. It was a difficult choice and a few hours of deliberating. Here goes.

1st place; Catherine - RoseCat: Weep not for the memories. I really love the textures and the overall tones, very painterly in a minimally st way.
A4B2EB0B-C43F-47CE-A998-646BAE321CB3-8226-00000B52D0323213_tmp.jpg

2nd Place; David - depop: Shadows again. Very Film Noir. Could be a cover for a detective fiction.
3rd Place; rizole: When it was summer. This captures that essence of being young and carefree.

The following deserve Honourable mentions for being equally deserving contenders:
John - sinnerjohn: Every day is like Sunday. Dee - MsDee: Sunset. Ted - terse: Early Daffodil. Sandra - sdimbour: Geometry of The City. Larry - MotownLarry: Approaching Storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another first class pool of submissions. It was a difficult choice and a few hours of deliberating. Here goes.

1st place; Catherine - RoseCat: Weep not for the memories. I really love the textures and the overall tones, very painterly in a minimally st way.
2nd Place; David - depop: Shadows again. Very Film Noir. Could be a cover for a detective fiction.
3rd Place; rizole: When it was summer. This captures that essence of being young and carefree.

The following deserve Honourable mentions for being equally deserving contenders:
John - sinnerjohn: Every day is like Sunday. Dee - MsDee: Sunset. Ted - terse: Early Daffodil. Sandra - sdimbour: Geometry of The City. Larry - MotownLarry: Approaching Storm.

Wow.... thank you very much Robert! [emoji144]‍♀️ I'm honored to be included with deepop David and rizole, whose work I admire very much. Congrats MobiSirs! A round of applause to John, Dee, Ted, Sandra and Larry - beautiful B&W images everyone!!

(her huge smile slowly fades as the realization hits that she must now judge this week's submissions...) :barf:

This was wonderful week with so many great submissions in so many different styles. Thanks, Robert, for taking the time to think about all of them. A well deserved Woo-hoo! to RoseCat, kudos to rizole, thanks Robert for the 2nd place finish, congrats to all the HMs.

This was wonderful week with so many great submissions in so many different styles. Thanks, Robert, for taking the time to think about all of them. A well deserved Woo-hoo! to Catherine. Kudos to Rizole. Thanks, Robert, for the 2nd place finish. Congrats to all the HMs.

Thank you very much. :notworthy:

Well done winners, a tough one to judge (as ever) there is always some stiff competition in the b/w's.

View attachment 89246

Great judging Robert. Well done Catherine, that is a stunner. Congrats to David and Rizole - both fab images. As we can see from all the HMs, it was a great week for black and whites. Now, let's give Catherine something to think about this week!:lol:

I will now hang Catherine's lovely image in the Gallery with the other winners.

Last edited:
This was wonderful week with so many great submissions in so many different styles. Thanks, Robert, for taking the time to think about all of them. A well deserved Woo-hoo! to Catherine. Kudos to Rizole. Thanks, Robert, for the 2nd place finish. Congrats to all the HMs.

Can't agree more and only repeat what deepop said. And all others. [emoji1] Congratulations, folks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom