B&W RESULT:#12 Black & White Challenge

IMG_4320.JPG

Snapseed

The 12th Black & White Challenge is now closed. Well done everyone - it was another great week for black and white images. It is now up to RoseCat Catherine to choose the winners. :thumbs:

As always, this task is near impossible, yet choose I must. After sorting out my faves, it seemed I could never choose a winner as they all are special in their own way. But as I looked through them multiple times it did become clear that one kept drawing my eye, over and over.

The winner of this week's Black & White Challenge is.............

terse Ted and his beautiful silvery "woodcut" Blue Heron! :inlove: The image itself is amazing - just to be that close to this gorgeous bird, and share *a moment* with him/her - he's so calmly just looking at you like "Hey...dude...how's it going?" (cuz you know he's a Cali bird and that's how they talk :rolleyes:) and Ted's edit elevated it to another level for me. Congrats!!

IMG_4340.JPG

Tied for 2nd Place (cuz I just can't choose!):

JillyG's Charcoal Wood - it's so simple and beautiful. Like Ted, Jilly's edit took the image to A Piece of Art to Hang Inside Our Rich Person's Art House. :inlove:

IMG_4343.JPG

and

ImageArt Ann's Yangon, Myanmar - A skillfully captured moment many of us will never experience, worthy of National Geographic, IMO. :notworthy:

IMG_4344.JPG

Tied for 3rd Place are two lovely portraits:

Pennapolis Henry's Chloe #1

IMG_4342.JPG

and

tomklyn Thomas' My Little Man

IMG_4345.JPG

Both are beautiful, engaging portraits, drawing the viewer into the subjects' gaze. Well done Gentlemen! :D

Everyone else who entered gets an Honorable Mention - another week of amazing B&Ws! :thumbs:

As always, this task is near impossible, yet choose I must. After sorting out my faves, it seemed I could never choose a winner as they all are special in their own way. But as I looked through them multiple times it did become clear that one kept drawing my eye, over and over.

terse Ted and his beautiful silvery "woodcut" Blue Heron! :inlove: The image itself is amazing - just to be that close to this gorgeous bird, and share *a moment* with him/her - he's so calmly just looking at you like "Hey...dude...how's it going?" (cuz you know he's a Cali bird and that's how they talk :rolleyes:) and Ted's edit elevated it to another level for me. Congrats!!

View attachment 89602

JillyG's Charcoal Wood - it's so simple and beautiful. Like Ted, Jilly's edit took the image to A Piece of Art to Hang Inside Our Rich Person's Art House. :inlove:

View attachment 89604

and

ImageArt Ann's Yangon, Myanmar - A skillfully captured moment many of us will never experience, worthy of National Geographic, IMO. :notworthy:

View attachment 89607

View attachment 89608

and

View attachment 89609

Both are beautiful, engaging portraits, drawing the viewer into the subjects' gaze. Well done Gentlemen! :D

Everyone else who entered gets an Honorable Mention - another week of amazing B&Ws! :thumbs:

Why, thank you my dear.:oops: I'm honoured to be amongst such esteemed company (not to say a little surprised). Ted's heron is an amazing image on many different levels. Anyone who has tried to photograph a bird will know how difficult it is. Congrazzels (I love that word GroovyGouvy Gouvy, I hope you don't mind me stealing it) to Ann, Henry, Thomas and all the wonderful members who make this challenge what it is - blooming marvellous. :inlove:

View attachment 89602

View attachment 89604

and

View attachment 89607

View attachment 89608

and

View attachment 89609

Yes, I thought Ted's heron just superb (although I preferred the other version) so big congrats, Ted, well deserved. Loved Jilly's forest but would love to see the colour version!

Thanks for 3rd place and congrats to my fellow thirders. Honoured to be alongside just lovely images.

Back
Top Bottom