• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

B&W RESULT:#135 Black & White Challenge

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Wow... haven’t seen anything like this in years, and it looks like it works! Except I couldn’t call anyone as, sadly, I don’t memorize phone numbers any more.
What public phones do you have ?

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
What public phones do you have ?
We don't! :( They've been dismantled/removed... there are some phone booths in Manhattan that were changed over to WiFi and/or charging stations, but most are just empty vessels with the phones removed. I get excited now if I see one, as they are rare. Perhaps there are small towns that might still have working phone booths?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
We don't! :( They've been dismantled/removed... there are some phone booths in Manhattan that were changed over to WiFi and/or charging stations, but most are just empty vessels with the phones removed. I get excited now if I see one, as they are rare. Perhaps there are small towns that might still have working phone booths?
They’re all over the place here - nowhere near the numbers we’d see ten/twenty years ago, but they’re certainly not a rarity. Yet. And they used to be ‘public phones’: I see our national telco has taken up the American term ‘payphones’

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Not in my small town. The one in front of the telephone company is even gone. I did see one in over in East Rochester last year. They sort of stand out now.