B&W RESULT: #193 Black & White Challenge

View attachment 162621

"...an atmosphere which had no affinity with the air of heaven, but which had reeked up from the decayed trees, and the gray wall, and the silent tarn --a pestilent and mystic vapour, dull, sluggish, faintly discernible, and leaden-hued."
The Fall of the House of Usher

Slow Shutter Cam (5 ICM shots), Affinity Photo (stacking, blurring), iColorama (lots of stuff, including conversion to b/w)
Chosen for Image of the Month - December.

A10576F7-2F02-48D9-92E4-0BFFCD57232D.jpeg

A busker's lunch
Native cam, Photos
(This guy plays the musical saw. That's his instrument on his lap, an ordinary hand saw played with a violin bow. That's padding on the near end of the saw where he grips it to flex.)

I had difficulty finding the Black & White Challenge with all of the amazing posts going on. But find it I did, and I now declare it CLOSED. Geek1956 Kevin it’s over to you for the judging, whenever you have a moment.:thumbs:

View attachment 162750Some great captures but my pick for winner was the “I’m not alone when I have my phone” by shryn. Love the contrast and the lonesomeness is well captured in this photo. Congratulations
Thank you Kevin for that lovely bit of judging. Super congratulations to shryn Stephen for his fabulous image - marvellous to capture this person on their own on the platform. Well done to terse Ted for second place and sdimbour Sandra for third. All three images suggest a sense of solitariness to me, what do you think? Another marvellous bunch of black and whites - how do you do it? Right, I’m off to the Gallery with the lone traveller. See you there. :thumbs:

View attachment 162750Some great captures but my pick for winner was the “I’m not alone when I have my phone” by shryn. Love the contrast and the lonesomeness is well captured in this photo. Congratulations
Good choice, Kevin. That would have been my pick, too. Congrats to shryn for the first and sdimbour for the third, and thank you for my second. :notworthy:

Many thanks for selecting my photo among so many wonderful shots. I grabbed that photo just as I reached the top of the station stairs. Everything was in place and perfect and my iPhone was ready in my hand. Couldn' t miss.
Congratulations to terse and sdimbour too
I agree there’s a bit of luck involved but you obviously had an “eye” for the moment

Many thanks for selecting my photo among so many wonderful shots. I grabbed that photo just as I reached the top of the station stairs. Everything was in place and perfect and my iPhone was ready in my hand. Couldn' t miss.
Congratulations to terse and sdimbour too
What Kevin said. The image may fall in your lap, but it's still up to you to recognize that it's there. Well done.

thanks Geek1956 for my 3rd place :) And congrats shryn for your win !!! I would have made the same choice. It’s a great pic. Well done!!!
Well done as well terse !!! That ghost dog is a great idea!
See you in the next bnw challenge!!!

Back
Top Bottom