B&W RESULT:#20 Black & White Challenge

Good Morning fellow Mobitoggers,

I have to say that even though it can be pretty hard to single out one photo/photographer to be the winner, I found that I really enjoyed the process of looking deeply at each of the images.

I am very pleased to nominate deepop David as the winner of this challenge for his photo “Cleveland Museum of Art: Enlight”. Even from my extensively non-photographic background, I thought this photo was extraordinary. My eyes were drawn to the complex myriad of lines, angles, curves and light; but I also found that the balanced way these elements blended into a ‘wholeness’ allowed for my eyes to rest on individual features.
View attachment 92734

Second place I awarded to lkbside Leslie for Plaza Blanca, Abiquiu, N.M. My experience of this image was of being drawn close to feel that I was included in the scene, and of stepping back to experience the grandeur of structure and the intensity of that sky. Absolutely stunning.
View attachment 92735

For third place I chose rizole for his photo “Under the Bridge”. I was struck by the way he has created a balanced image, with a palpable sense of calm, from the numerous and diverse textures and shapes. I found this very pleasing to the eye and to the mind.
View attachment 92736

I would like to make honourable mention of the following artists:

· Glenton Rodolfo for “In Front of the White Sky” – a striking photo. I also loved the subtly placed “Jilly Birds”
View attachment 92737

· RoseCat Catherine for her snapseeded curved structure and her talent for creating an inviting and seamless image out of a huge and potentially looming structure.
View attachment 92738

· sinnerjohn John for “Night in Day” – that sky!!
View attachment 92739

· Starzee Star for “Ducklings” and her ability to portray their warm fuzziness in a black and white image.
View attachment 92740

And of course thank you to my sis zenjenny for her tutorage in “ … the art of incisive artistic commentary”.
View attachment 92741

Thank you all for entrusting your creations to me for this process
Lynn :)
Terrific write-up, Lynn.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: You seem to have the knack. It's so interesting to see those images through your eyes.

Way to go David, Leslie, and rizole!

I have to say that even though it can be pretty hard to single out one photo/photographer to be the winner, I found that I really enjoyed the process of looking deeply at each of the images.

I am very pleased to nominate deepop David as the winner of this challenge for his photo “Cleveland Museum of Art: Enlight”. Even from my extensively non-photographic background, I thought this photo was extraordinary. My eyes were drawn to the complex myriad of lines, angles, curves and light; but I also found that the balanced way these elements blended into a ‘wholeness’ allowed for my eyes to rest on individual features.
View attachment 92734

Second place I awarded to lkbside Leslie for Plaza Blanca, Abiquiu, N.M. My experience of this image was of being drawn close to feel that I was included in the scene, and of stepping back to experience the grandeur of structure and the intensity of that sky. Absolutely stunning.
View attachment 92735

For third place I chose rizole for his photo “Under the Bridge”. I was struck by the way he has created a balanced image, with a palpable sense of calm, from the numerous and diverse textures and shapes. I found this very pleasing to the eye and to the mind.
View attachment 92736

· Glenton Rodolfo for “In Front of the White Sky” – a striking photo. I also loved the subtly placed “Jilly Birds”
View attachment 92737

· RoseCat Catherine for her snapseeded curved structure and her talent for creating an inviting and seamless image out of a huge and potentially looming structure.
View attachment 92738

View attachment 92739

· Starzee Star for “Ducklings” and her ability to portray their warm fuzziness in a black and white image.
View attachment 92740

And of course thank you to my sis zenjenny for her tutorage in “ … the art of incisive artistic commentary”.
View attachment 92741

Thank you for placing me. Well done to deepop and lkbside, two great pics. Loved the ducklings Starzee :inlove:

Congrats David, Leslie, Rizole and all Honourables - another fabulous week of Mobi B&W ! And congrats jalaislynn Lynn - winning a challenge with your first entry has to be some kind of recognisable achievement (like the Golden Duck in cricket??) -- and judging the next challenge is some kind of baptism by wossname. Good job :thumbs: :notworthy: :inlove:

View attachment 92741

You forgot 'curated' 'artisanal' 'transgressive' and 'dystopian' but not bad at all for a first go :D

View attachment 92734

View attachment 92735

View attachment 92736

View attachment 92737

View attachment 92738

View attachment 92739

View attachment 92740

View attachment 92741

Great judging Lynn and fabulous choices for the winners and HMs. David's image was a stunner, as was Leslie's and Rizole's. All competition winners in my opinion. Another great week for black and white images. :thumbs:

View attachment 92734

View attachment 92735

View attachment 92736

View attachment 92737

View attachment 92738

View attachment 92739

View attachment 92740

View attachment 92741

Thank you so much for the mention! Congrats to all, and I especially liked Deepop's, too.

Great job to you for your first wrap up. If it's due to sister's tutelage, perhaps she'd help me out if I should ever be in this position, again.

An eye-catching continuity permeates this assembly of works that flows from images of scattered hopes to those of soft spiritual restorations. Literal realism and bold futuristic abstracts join this exhibit with remarkable aesthetic connection. One cannot help but question, “Does the blue adapt to the image or does the blue acquiesce to the message?” However one chooses to perceive this collection, it is evident that the unique and impressive applications of the color blue elevate it to a purpose of newfound reflections; the wide range of emotions expressed here makes this quite evident.

Continuity strides with confidence and subtle defiance as dream-like droplet sparks travel on and hold on as they respectfully enter a pointillist realism. The blue illusions we visit here are not only trusted guides as we travel along their collective offerings; they are reassurances of a continual cohesion within our world--sometimes sweetly poignant, other times sharply defined. Yet they are one with their principles.

This exhibit is a gift to those in search of travels through the surreal which flow into a classic celebration of life. Viewers will find themselves searching for the beginning and the finale, for all the intentional reasons.
I just naturally assumed this was a satirical over-the-top zenjenny skewering of of art crit lit.

View attachment 92734

View attachment 92735

View attachment 92736

View attachment 92737

View attachment 92738

View attachment 92739

View attachment 92740

View attachment 92741

Thanks, Lynn, for the acknowledgment. I love the diversity (reflective of the Mobitog community)of all the images you chose - winners and HMs. Kudos to all. Hoping for a quiet week in B&WC#21.

View attachment 92734

View attachment 92735

View attachment 92736

View attachment 92737

View attachment 92738

View attachment 92739

View attachment 92740

View attachment 92741

Beautiful and insightful, Lynn. You are now officially indoctrinated into MobiTog!! [emoji6] Fabulous choices... and a Super Congrats to David! I just love that image. [emoji173]️

Congrats to Leslie and Rizole! [emoji1373] And I very much appreciate my HM and am honored to share it with Rodolfo, John and Star. [emoji4][emoji1360] Well done everyone!

Hi everyone. I'm returning to mobitog after a long absence but not quite sure how to post my images? Sending hugs to everyone xx
Welcome back, it's been a while... :eek:

Nothing much has changed for uploading and psoting, at least as far as I am aware... :whistle:

For general guidance and help there is some useful stuff, including how to upload iMages, in the How Do I Section just click > HERE

If you need any further assistance on figuring anything MobiTog just shout up, everyone here is still so very helpful... :rog:

Welcome back, it's been a while... :eek:

Nothing much has changed for uploading and psoting, at least as far as I am aware... :whistle:

For general guidance and help there is some useful stuff, including how to upload iMages, in the How Do I Section just click > HERE

If you need any further assistance on figuring anything MobiTog just shout up, everyone here is still so very helpful... :rog:

Hi Venomator [emoji1327]:)

View attachment 92734

View attachment 92735

View attachment 92736

View attachment 92737

View attachment 92738

View attachment 92739

View attachment 92740

View attachment 92741

What fabulous winners and David doing what he does best! Impossible to work out perspectives! Wonderful images by Leslie and Rizole and the HMs too. Great analysis, Lynn. I can only sit back in awe of the BW experts!

Back
Top Bottom