B&W RESULT:#21 Black & White Challenge

As I'd been away from Mobitog for a few days, yesterday I was catching up on the photos in this challenge when I saw one that stopped me immediately as I said to myself,"There's the winner!" And then I realized that I was the judge this week. So without any hesitation, I'll say that the above and beyond 1st place photo is
"Beautiful morning in Varanasi, india", from aparna_g, a shot that's filled with action but incredibly serene, fading into a foggy nothingness. Beautiful in so many ways.
View attachment 93040

2nd place goes to rizole's "Selfie,"so striking with the vague disembodied face with milky cataract eyes floating above the over-large light to dark gripping hands.I can't pass by the photo without stopping to study it again and again.
View attachment 93043

3rd place to ImageArt's "On the banks of Lake Wanaka", a beautiful exposition on silhouettes and the rule of thirds with great palette of silver and black.
View attachment 93044

Honorable mentions to Chemotaxis for his hip, stark "Me" and Starzee's wonderful "Popcorn Man."
View attachment 93045

View attachment 93046
Wonderful judging David, and I understood every word (see the results of the MCC if you don't know what I'm talking about :lol:). I love every one of those images and any one of those could have had a first place for me.

Well done aparna_g. That was a stunning shot from a great angle. You will be our judge for the new B&W challenge.

This has been a great week for black and whites and I would urge you to go back through this challenge and take a look at all of the entries for this week, because they are wonderful.:thumbs:
Right, I am taking aparna_g 's image off to the gallery.

As I'd been away from Mobitog for a few days, yesterday I was catching up on the photos in this challenge when I saw one that stopped me immediately as I said to myself,"There's the winner!" And then I realized that I was the judge this week. So without any hesitation, I'll say that the above and beyond 1st place photo is
"Beautiful morning in Varanasi, india", from aparna_g, a shot that's filled with action but incredibly serene, fading into a foggy nothingness. Beautiful in so many ways.
View attachment 93040

2nd place goes to rizole's "Selfie,"so striking with the vague disembodied face with milky cataract eyes floating above the over-large light to dark gripping hands.I can't pass by the photo without stopping to study it again and again.
View attachment 93043

3rd place to ImageArt's "On the banks of Lake Wanaka", a beautiful exposition on silhouettes and the rule of thirds with great palette of silver and black.
View attachment 93044

Honorable mentions to Chemotaxis for his hip, stark "Me" and Starzee's wonderful "Popcorn Man."
View attachment 93045

View attachment 93046
Excellent choices!!! And perfect descriptions of each image.... Congratulations aparna_g!! Well deserved win. :)

A big Awesomesauce to rizole ImageArt Ann Chemotaxis and Starzee!! Loved all of your images.

View attachment 93040

View attachment 93043

View attachment 93044

View attachment 93045

View attachment 93046
You nailed it, deepop! Congrats to aparna_g, a most deserving win for that beautiful photo. Any of you who visit Instagram should check out her wonderful stream there: https://www.instagram.com/aparna_g/

View attachment 93040

2nd place goes to rizole's "Selfie,"
A well deserved win. Great pic.
Thank you for my second placing :notworthy:. I put it down to my juxtapositional absence :whistle:.

Back
Top Bottom