B&W RESULT: #227 Black & White Challenge

7FCE592E-8D00-4A5B-81D6-E939331A822A.jpeg

Redundancy…
View attachment 177025
Does anything look more forlorn than an old phone box, no longer in use but left to decay gently until someone complains about ‘that eyesore’ at the top of the road?
iPhone11pro + Snapseed
Most of ours have been spruced up and turned into defibrillator stations. Oh, and book exchanges.

Most of ours have been spruced up and turned into defibrillator stations. Oh, and book exchanges.
Yes, this is in Tisbury - there is also a more modern design at the other end of the village used as a library for poetry books. In Wells they use the one by the Town Hall as a defibrillator station.

Redundancy…
View attachment 177025
Does anything look more forlorn than an old phone box, no longer in use but left to decay gently until someone complains about ‘that eyesore’ at the top of the road?
iPhone11pro + Snapseed
I would snatch this up in a heartbeat and use it as a mini greenhouse and/or garden tool storage. :hearteyes:

I would snatch this up in a heartbeat and use it as a mini greenhouse and/or garden tool storage. :hearteyes:
I used to know someone, now deceased, who bought up a job lot from the post office, presumably ones they replaced with more modern designs. There are still plenty of this design still about, but few still used for the original purpose.

rizole Rizole, are you happy with the number of entries this week? Or would you like to extend the challenge for another. It’s up to you.:thumbs:

Judgment this week is sponsered by Tortilla chips and homemade salsa. Hmmmmm....salsa.

In 3rd this week is dscheff with Veterinarian? As portraits go it's bang on. Getting eye contact (at least for me) from a creature that only acknowledges my existence when food, affection or play is on offer is devilishly tricky. Add the excelent lighting, composition and quirky background and it's a shoo-in for the top shots this week.

In 2nd is terse with Narcissus in B/W (great title). Dreamy, minimal, abstract, rule of 3 and a painterly effect. Very nice indeed.

Winning this week is NickLeon with Hub and Spokes (well used)
4287DADF-EDBE-44EA-AB74-6EE2943E6E41.jpeg

I love the detail, the geometric patterns, the sharp focus falling away to the indistinct darkness behind. The ordinary taken from an unusual perspective. Well done that man! :D

HM to JillyG for HM-ing EVERYONE in the last colour thread. :p

Judgment this week is sponsered by Tortilla chips and homemade salsa. Hmmmmm....salsa.

In 3rd this week is dscheff with Veterinarian? As portraits go it's bang on. Getting eye contact (at least for me) from a creature that only acknowledges my existence when food, affection or play is on offer is devilishly tricky. Add the excelent lighting, composition and quirky background and it's a shoo-in for the top shots this week.

In 2nd is terse with Narcissus in B/W (great title). Dreamy, minimal, abstract, rule of 3 and a painterly effect. Very nice indeed.

View attachment 177048
I love the detail, the geometric patterns, the sharp focus falling away to the indistinct darkness behind. The ordinary taken from an unusual perspective. Well done that man! :D

That was my favorite, too. Congrats to NickLeon and everyone else!!

View attachment 177048

Lovely judging, as always Rizole.:notworthy: Super congratulations to NickLeon Nick - just look at that split pin (I know all the lingo:mobibabe:). How did you home in on that particular bit Nick? Great spot. High fives to terse Ted and dscheff Jeffrey for second and third respectively. And thank you for my HM [makes a curtsey] - I’m thrilled.:kissingheart: Okay, me and Nick’s wheel part of off to the Gallery - I’m going to ride it down to there. I hope it can hold my weight. Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Many thanks Rizole, and congrats to Terse and Dscheff. Another great week with some fab images.
For the curious, I took this photo through plate glass - it is part of an old bicycle in the former cycle shop in Tisbury, now not in business as such, but stuffed full of interesting things. Unfortunately nobody is ever around when I visit - I could spend a couple of hours in there.

View attachment 177048

Congratulations Nick, Ted, and Jeffrey.

Back
Top Bottom