B&W RESULT: #249 Black & White Challenge

Local Cambodian temple tintype
059F88A9-1FE0-40E2-9458-B29CDE354477.jpeg

This challenge is now CLOSED. sinnerjohn John, it’s now your task to choose your favourites - whenever you have a moment.:D

Good evening all :thumbs:

Just 6 people taking part this week. 5 from rizole, 3 from terse, 2 from ric alexander, 6 from Geek1956 and 1 apiece from dscheff and Starzee. 18 images total, but I'd say at least 5 should be in IOTM, so standards are definitely not dropping imho.

So a really tough choice for all placings but overall I've gone for rizole in first place for Dead Eyes
1658691941449.png

Some of you may know I'm a big fan of the horror genre and this one can send chills down the spine of the most seasoned horror fan.
Is it those eyes, the angle, the lighting? Probably all. One of those images where I wished I'd have taken in but alas....
Well done Rizole.

Second place was equally hard to decide on but I've settled on Geek1956 with Look Up
1658692230846.png

Is the main subject on a poster? Is this and incredible coincidence that they are looking up? I dunno, but I love those reflections and its like we are privy to a private moment in time that will never be repeated again. Which is I guess what all photography is.
Summer past is an equally great shot btw, some great work from Kevin this week.

3rd has to be Ted's And who are you?
1658692533243.png

I just love crows and how close and clear that image is and again slightly sinister, love it!

HM to ric alexander this week for The City. Ric has been struggling with styles and direction recently but this one nails the blur of the city flashing by, nice one.

Well done all for keeping the b/w corner of MobiTog alive :thumbs:

Just 6 people taking part this week. 5 from rizole, 3 from terse, 2 from ric alexander, 6 from Geek1956 and 1 apiece from dscheff and Starzee. 18 images total, but I'd say at least 5 should be in IOTM, so standards are definitely not dropping imho.

So a really tough choice for all placings but overall I've gone for rizole in first place for Dead Eyes
View attachment 183653

Some of you may know I'm a big fan of the horror genre and this one can send chills down the spine of the most seasoned horror fan.
Is it those eyes, the angle, the lighting? Probably all. One of those images where I wished I'd have taken in but alas....
Well done Rizole.

Second place was equally hard to decide on but I've settled on Geek1956 with Look Up
View attachment 183654
Is the main subject on a poster? Is this and incredible coincidence that they are looking up? I dunno, but I love those reflections and its like we are privy to a private moment in time that will never be repeated again. Which is I guess what all photography is.

View attachment 183655
I just love crows and how close and clear that image is and again slightly sinister, love it!

HM to ric alexander this week for The City. Ric has been struggling with styles and direction recently but this one nails the blur of the city flashing by, nice one.

TYVM. :notworthy: 'Er on YouTube is having an 80's evil clown doll thing at the moment and often comes home with something worth lighting and snapping. The latest is a clown sleeping bag but that's more cutesy than evil.

Congrats Geek1956 and terse :D

View attachment 183653

Well done Rizole.

View attachment 183654

View attachment 183655

Thanks, sinnerjohn, and congrats to rizole and Geek1956!

View attachment 183653

Well done Rizole.

View attachment 183654

View attachment 183655

Good picks John, congratulations to rizole for a great image and to Ted

View attachment 183653

Well done Rizole.

View attachment 183654

View attachment 183655

Thank you John. Congratulations rizole - those eyes don’t look dead to me, they look positively malevolent. But that could be the excellent lighting. The POV to focus on those eyes is insprired. Great work again from Geek1956 Kevin and terse Ted with second and third respectively. Two fab ”street” photographs, but so different. Well done ric alexander Ric for your HM. :thumbs: Right, I’m off to the Gallery with Rizole’s Dead Eyes. Nobody mention Chucky!!!!o_O

View attachment 183653

Well done Rizole.

View attachment 183654

View attachment 183655

Congrats to all! I do love rizole ’s image, but I need to download, post on Instagram and get it off my roll before it starts trouble.

View attachment 183653

Well done Rizole.

View attachment 183654

View attachment 183655

What great pics. Congrats all. Will have to try and get one out in the next one.

View attachment 183653

Well done Rizole.

View attachment 183654

View attachment 183655

Amazing images! Congratulations everyone :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom