B&W RESULT:#38 Black & White Challenge

It's a beautiful sunny morning here and it's hard to believe that not everyone is basking in sunshine. It was another great black and white week, but this challenge is now closed. RoseCat Catherine has the unenviable task of choosing the winner. When you're ready my dear.:)

Last edited:
This was a nearly impossible decision for me as there are several images that I just love.... :eek: But choose I must. :barf: So without further adieu, the winner of the #38 Black & White Challenge is..........

sdimbour Sandra's "The Tree"!! :inlove:

I love the (seemingly) impossible angles in this: Wait! The horizon is really off kilter! But wait... then the tree would be sideways! And the light bright background against the dark slender off-kilter and not symmetrical tree. It feels a little bit Seussical to my eye, and I love it!

The tree sdimbour sandra.JPG

At a very tight barely perceptible second place are the following:

PicsbyJCG Christer's "Don't Worry, Be Happy".

Yes, it's a simple foggy window shot.... but.....it feels more than that. The moody light and dark, the condensation dripping like tears, and that child-like smiley face in the center of it all + the title makes me love this.

dont worry be happy piscby christer.jpeg

And sinnerjohn's "Inside the Gilded Cage".

Perfectly cropped so that every edge and corner is encased in the lovely filigree, the beautiful dome at the top... one really feels encased, but not trapped. Has a magical feel to me.

Inside the gilded cage sinnerjohn.jpeg

Next are a selection of wonderful, noir-ish photos that really drew me in:

RHKing Robert's "Shadowplay - 12". Another striking and provocative image in his wonderful series.
shadowplay 12 robert.jpg

sinnerjohn's "Tonight".... those stars!!
tonight sinnerjohn.jpg

Starzee's "Freezer Shadow" - it's amazing to me that it's a shadow on her freezer... very Alfred Hitchcock Noir to me.
freezer shadow starzee.jpg

Neil booth's "Carousel" shows us the *dark side* to the theme park.
carousel neil booth.JPG

Special Honorable Mention for terse Ted's "The Oath". A really powerful, moving image. Just love this, Ted. :inlove:
the oath ted terse.JPG

(I have even more, but I know I'm supposed to narrow this down! :eek: :barf: So I'm sneaking in deepop David's Stone Pier and sinnerjohn's Basement Tapes... love the perspective in both of these.) :zip:

stone pier deepop.jpeg basement tapes sinnerjohn.jpeg

This was a nearly impossible decision for me as there are several images that I just love.... :eek: But choose I must. :barf: So without further adieu, the winner of the #38 Black & White Challenge is..........

I love the (seemingly) impossible angles in this: Wait! The horizon is really off kilter! But wait... then the tree would be sideways! And the light bright background against the dark slender off-kilter and not symmetrical tree. It feels a little bit Seussical to my eye, and I love it!

View attachment 98279

Yes, it's a simple foggy window shot.... but.....it feels more than that. The moody light and dark, the condensation dripping like tears, and that child-like smiley face in the center of it all + the title makes me love this.

View attachment 98280

Perfectly cropped so that every edge and corner is encased in the lovely filigree, the beautiful dome at the top... one really feels encased, but not trapped. Has a magical feel to me.

View attachment 98281

RHKing Robert's "Shadowplay - 12". Another striking and provocative image in his wonderful series.
View attachment 98282

View attachment 98283

Starzee's "Freezer Shadow" - it's amazing to me that it's a shadow on her freezer... very Alfred Hitchcock Noir to me.
View attachment 98285

View attachment 98284

Special Honorable Mention for terse Ted's "The Oath". A really powerful, moving image. Just love this, Ted. :inlove:
View attachment 98286

(I have even more, but I know I'm supposed to narrow this down! :eek: :barf: So I'm sneaking in deepop David's Stone Pier and sinnerjohn's Basement Tapes... love the perspective in both of these.) :zip:

View attachment 98287 View attachment 98288

Just so happy and proud [emoji4] to be the winner of this week bnw chalenge as every iMage posted could have been a winner !

So thanks Catherine !!!! And congrats to all of you!!!!

View attachment 98279

View attachment 98280

View attachment 98281

View attachment 98282

View attachment 98283

View attachment 98285

View attachment 98284

View attachment 98286

Everyone's a winner baby, that's the truth! :lol: Lovely judging Catherine, well done. Sandra's image is a stunner - she's the mistress of composition and perspective. Slaps on the back for Christer and John - two super black and whites. Congrats to all (ALL) the HMs, including Special Ted. Of course I'm biased, but I never see a black and white image in the B&W Challenge that I don't like! Right, me and Sandra's beached tree have a date in The Gallery.

Everyone's a winner baby, that's the truth! :lol: Lovely judging Catherine, well done. Sandra's image is a stunner - she's the mistress of composition and perspective. Slaps on the back for Christer and John - two super black and whites. Congrats to all (ALL) the HMs, including Special Ted. Of course I'm biased, but I never see a black and white image in the B&W Challenge that I don't like! Right, me and Sandra's beached tree have a date in The Gallery.

All she said and a hooray!!! [emoji322] on top of everyone's pictures. Wow, what amazing pictures! [emoji7]

View attachment 98279

View attachment 98280

View attachment 98281

View attachment 98282

View attachment 98283

View attachment 98285

View attachment 98284

View attachment 98286

Great choices, Catherine. I'm impressed you were able to whittle it down to 10 photos:D:rolleyes:;) - they were all great. Congratulations to Sandra, whose photos never fail to elicit oohs and aahs. Congrats to all the winners and HM's.

View attachment 98279

View attachment 98280

View attachment 98281

View attachment 98282

View attachment 98283

View attachment 98285

View attachment 98284

View attachment 98286

Wowza. Thanks, and gz to all :)

Thanks Catherine, once again I'm in good company! This part of Mobitog just goes from strength ti strength, so much good work, the bar gets raised each week. Well done to winners / runners up and the HM's!!

Back
Top Bottom