B&W RESULT:#47 Black & White Challenge

Chains. I’m In Chains

BF0484C8-F0AA-4431-B610-C93DA77985DC.jpeg

Snapseed, aremaC

sck Sondy’s great image is a good one to end on this week. This black and white challenge is closed. It’s now up to lkbside Leslie to choose her favourites. :)

Here we go - the variety of shots this week was impressive, and as always, it was hard to pick just a few to mention.

Honorable mention goes to David deepop for "Triple Exposure" - I love the parade of seemingly headless figures in a concrete jungle. So futuristic and disturbing. It made me think of nameless, faceless Russian hackers reporting to work.

Third place goes to Lynne.Peterson for "Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier" - we've all seen a million ferris wheel pix, but this one breaks the mold with its unique point of view, looking up from the bottom of the steps to the vertical view of the wheel.

Second place to Ted terse for "I'll be Back". This is the perfect image for the Halloween season - and the sign with the time, 4:30 PM, written on the I'll be Back sign, makes it even creepier.

93D07030-08DD-4678-B0A3-BCF6BF065A8E.jpeg
And finally, First Place this week goes to Sandra sdimbour for "1 Rue du Jour" - there is so much going on in this shot! The crumbling facade of the building, the memorial sign and hanging flowers, the enigmatic stickers on the utility box, the cupboard full of pottery inside, the slip of paper on the street in front of the doorway, etc. Every time I look at it I see more little details. You have a wonderful eye to have seen the potential in this shot. Bravo!

Congrats to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go - the variety of shots this week was impressive, and as always, it was hard to pick just a few to mention.

Honorable mention goes to David deepop for "Triple Exposure" - I love the parade of seemingly headless figures in a concrete jungle. So futuristic and disturbing. It made me think of nameless, faceless Russian hackers reporting to work.

Third place goes to Lynne.Peterson for "Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier" - we've all seen a million ferris wheel pix, but this one breaks the mold with its unique point of view, looking up from the bottom of the steps to the vertical view of the wheel.

Second place to Ted terse for "I'll be Back". This is the perfect image for the Halloween season - and the sign with the time, 4:30 PM, written on the I'll be Back sign, makes it even creepier.

And finally, First Place this week goes to Sandra sdimbour for "1 Rue du Jour" - there is so much going on in this shot! The crumbling facade of the building, the memorial sign and hanging flowers, the enigmatic stickers on the utility box, the cupboard full of pottery inside, the slip of paper on the street in front of the doorway, etc. Every time I look at it I see more little details. You have a wonderful eye to have seen the potential in this shot. Bravo!

Congrats to everyone!
Yay! Well done Sandra! And great job judging Leslie. Congrats to Ted, Lynne and David for your places - I loved all of these images too. Another wonderful week in Black and White Land. I shall now hang Sandra’s Rue du Jour image in the Gallery.

View attachment 101177 And finally, First Place this week goes to Sandra sdimbour for "1 Rue du Jour" - there is so much going on in this shot! The crumbling facade of the building, the memorial sign and hanging flowers, the enigmatic stickers on the utility box, the cupboard full of pottery inside, the slip of paper on the street in front of the doorway, etc. Every time I look at it I see more little details. You have a wonderful eye to have seen the potential in this shot. Bravo!

Congrats to everyone!

Wowwww !!!! Thanks Leslie for making me a winner this week [emoji4] So happy and proud !!!!

Congrats Ted and Lynne.

I’ll be a spectator next week [emoji3]

Congrats to Sandra, Ted and Lynne [emoji122] and congrats also to David [emoji108], and keep a good works to all posters [emoji4]

View attachment 101177 And finally, First Place this week goes to Sandra sdimbour for "1 Rue du Jour" - there is so much going on in this shot! The crumbling facade of the building, the memorial sign and hanging flowers, the enigmatic stickers on the utility box, the cupboard full of pottery inside, the slip of paper on the street in front of the doorway, etc. Every time I look at it I see more little details. You have a wonderful eye to have seen the potential in this shot. Bravo!

Congrats to everyone!

Congrats, Sandra - and 'what Leslie said' about your gorgeous image!

Congrats Ted, Lynne & David -- and thanks to all for another fabulous B&W week :)

Back
Top Bottom