APPstract RESULT! #61 Showcase your favourite apps

No wonder they were too dark… this was the starting image… shot through my bedroom window at 10pm. :lol:

129148A5-9D4E-4114-B839-283D4ACAA647.jpeg

I believe I covered Image Blender a long time ago, even before my first iColorama tutorial! I use iColorama or SuperimposeX for collages, and have never returned to Image Blender.
I really struggle using iColorama for anything other than adding filters. :( I always have. It’s just not intuitive for me, and I know I don’t use it to its potential. I also do 100% of my editing on an iPhone, so not sure if that comes into play.

This watercolour (?) effect on this image looks like an old-fashioned greeting card. The volcano-based content is a nice anomaly
It was Graphite/Stylize/Pastel 2, but I have no idea what pastels are supposed to look like, so it looks watercolory to me, too. The volcano (you mean the stuff on the left?) is a pile of rocks, crystals, and small statues by a neighbor's door. Five layers all in all: the letter, a texture file, the rocks, the cat, and the dancer.

Oh, you mean the volcano in the letter! That's a page from a letter my dad wrote to my mom in 1944, while he was overseas. He's describing the eruption of Vesuvius he witnessed there.

Last edited:
Do you make a texture/background with DistressedFX first and then add the image?
Yes… when I was playing around with it the other night, I uploaded a photo with lots of white in it, and when I saw how cool the texture was - and how clearly you can see it, compared to blending it with a photo and not really seeing all the detail - I thought to make a white square and save it, then uploaded that into DistressedFX, added a texture filter, then saved to use as a background. :)

Yes… when I was playing around with it the other night, I uploaded a photo with lots of white in it, and when I saw how cool the texture was - and how clearly you can see it, compared to blending it with a photo and not really seeing all the detail - I thought to make a white square and save it, then uploaded that into DistressedFX, added a texture filter, then saved to use as a background. :)
Was your dad a soldier ?

Was your dad a soldier ?
He was, but not in combat. He was a captain in the reserves, and according to him, his job was to move along behind the lines to help the towns and people in Sicily and Italy put their lives back together after the war rolled through. He stayed on for a year after the war ended to work with a UN relief agency.

I really struggle using iColorama for anything other than adding filters. :( I always have. It’s just not intuitive for me, and I know I don’t use it to its potential. I also do 100% of my editing on an iPhone, so not sure if that comes into play.
I hear you. When I started using iColorama, I decided to write tutorials just to explain it to myself. Once I got the hang of it, I saw that the masking features grew stronger, making quick work of blending multiple pieces. The masking is where it shines for blending over Image Blender’s fully manual masking. And iColorama S has 95% of the capabilities of iColorama for the iPad.

I hear you. When I started using iColorama, I decided to write tutorials just to explain it to myself. Once I got the hang of it, I saw that the masking features grew stronger, making quick work of blending multiple pieces. The masking is where it shines for blending over Image Blender’s fully manual masking. And iColorama S has 95% of the capabilities of iColorama for the iPad.
First of all it’s hilarious (and a very sound idea) that you wrote tutorials to get the hang of IColorama. I have to admit the masking tool works opposite of everything else I have used and it confounds me. I love everything else about it and still can get lost for hours. I love my Procreate but if I could only have one app, it would be IColorama. RoseCat Catherine, I am in awe of you using your phone for all your editing. I just can’t see the thing well enough. :rolleyes:

I am in awe of you using your phone for all your editing. I just can’t see the thing well enough. :rolleyes:
Years ago when I got an iPad I tried editing on it, but for some reason it just "feels" better on my iPhone and I probably edited 2-3 images on my iPad and then stopped. It's odd, I know.

Back
Top Bottom