B&W RESULT:#82 Black & White Challenge

A9C84DF6-DDF8-468D-8622-9EF330E81BC7.jpeg
Contemplating life

Super. I wonder what those numbers mean?
I've absolutely no idea, but each one of those big tetrapodal things has a number incised on one end. They look like they were done by hand rather than as part of whatever mold was used, and the things are jumbled together on the breakwater in no particular order.

Isn’t this marvellous? When I saw it on the Home page I thought it was real. It’s like lots of little images in one big one (which of course it is o_O).
Thanks. :notworthy: It didn't show that tile effect when I took the photo, and I was surprised when I first saw it on my screen. Happy accident, as usual. :D

fantastic find !

Awwww, that’s so touching. Such a tiny little headstone with so much on it. I love that they’ve put the years, months and days of her age. Lovely edit.

There are lots of beautifully carved headstones in this particular cemetery, but it was the little decorated box with drawers that made this one touching. It was quite appropriate for a child of that age, and someone thought enough to place it there by the side of the grave. There were a few other things placed around the cemetery, all by the graves of people long long dead. It's a very picturesque location, nestled into the hills and shaded all over by trees, with the oldest graves in the area, dating back to the mid 1800s. Photographers occasionally do fashion shoots there -- you can imagine the sort of thing. Also, sometimes there are objects placed around that suggest a university student's art project, but the little box didn't seem to be one of those.

View attachment 111273

The view
Snapseed, ACDSeePro
<sigh> :rolleyes: Except he’s missing it all, with his nose stuck inside his phone. :barf: I suppose if you see a view like this all the time you take it for granted.... but still..... the way the world/people are evolving into these robots who are completely unaware of their surroundings continues to annoy and frighten me.

Nice: I like the layers of sub-text.

Are the sign and bench as in-line as they look? Do you suppose somebody planned it that way? (Does one of the signs say ‘this bench reserved for people who’d prefer to look at their phones anyway’?)
:lmao:Yes, good point. Put a sign right in front of a bench to give those seated something to read while they’re taking the weight off.

Lovely artistic black and white Ted. And you can still see the shape of the birds and what they’re doing and there’s lots of movement in the sea. Fab.
Thanks. I wish I'd been able to tune the effect so that it was a little less busy, but I like it anyway -- it reminds me of a wood cut or lino cut print.

Thanks. I wish I'd been able to tune the effect so that it was a little less busy, but I like it anyway -- it reminds me of a wood cut or lino cut print.
Yes, that’s exactly what it’s like, now you mention it.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom