B&W RESULT:#91 Black & White Challenge

9877A244-BF70-43DF-831D-0B3AC31C7304.jpeg

Bar Harbor, Maine
Snapseed

Marvellous. You’ve captured the majesty of flight.:thumbs:
Thanks, Jilly. I have a real fascination for gulls. They might be considered pests but I think they have such character and their flight is as you say majestic. Maybe it’s as a result of Jonathon Livingston Seagull.

Thanks, Jilly. I have a real fascination for gulls. They might be considered pests but I think they have such character and their flight is as you say majestic. Maybe it’s as a result of Jonathon Livingston Seagull.
Yes, a bit of anthropomorphising (try saying that when you had a few!) never does any harm.:lol:

I agree... have always loved them, and think they’re beautiful. And of course that was one of my all-time fave books as a kid.

The Stone Crusher
Snapseed
C77B9B0F-143D-4143-B51F-3BAB831054B0.jpeg

My brother and I have wanted to hike into this site for a year, since we learned about it in an article about haunted places in our area. It was a quarry that was turned into a munitions factory in the 1950s There was an explosion killing 50 and injuring 100. The factory was abandoned and left to decay. There are many stories about ghost sightings, hearing cries and screams and other such ghostly activities. We finally got up there today. We kept putting it off, waiting for my knee to get strong enough. While the hike quite steep, it was not long, less than a mile. Our explorations were cut short by frantic honking. Since parking near the trail was clearing forbidden, we hurried back to the car, fearing we were about to be towed. There was absolutely nothing when we got to the car. Curious. We’ll go back in the fall.

The Stone Crusher
Snapseed
View attachment 113548
My brother and I have wanted to hike into this site for a year, since we learned about it in an article about haunted places in our area. It was a quarry that was turned into a munitions factory in the 1950s There was an explosion killing 50 and injuring 100. The factory was abandoned and left to decay. There are many stories about ghost sightings, hearing cries and screams and other such ghostly activities. We finally got up there today. We kept putting it off, waiting for my knee to get strong enough. While the hike quite steep, it was not long, less than a mile. Our explorations were cut short by frantic honking. Since parking near the trail was clearing forbidden, we hurried back to the car, fearing we were about to be towed. There was absolutely nothing when we got to the car. Curious. We’ll go back in the fall.
Great image and interesting story. This place is a few miles from where I live, never been and the site is restricted, but maybe one day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Fauld_explosion

That’s ghostly beautiful. Which reminds me, we have “ghost gums” over here, do you?
Thank you. I read the descriptions of ghost gums and couldn't figure out how they'd look compared to regular old eucalypti, so I'm not sure. But we have so many of the things around here that I'd be surprised if there weren't some ghost gums in there somewhere. Are they noticeably paler in the trunk than the others?

Back
Top Bottom