B&W RESULT:#98 Black & White Challenge

This was a difficult run this week and I decided to approach it from the perspective of ‘if I were publishing a print magazine what would I stand behind 100%.’ I’m getting very analytical these days and my selection is what made the grade.

First place:
It’s Raining Again, JillyG
View attachment 115931
The foliage is almost glass like. Really love the minimalist yet detailed composition. The thin background lines are almost calligraphic lending it an oriental feel.

Second place:
Friday sinnerjohn John
I’m always drawn to blurred and out of focus work. So this hits the spot for me, very reminiscent of the industrial photography of Bernd and Hilla Becher. This was a close call with his rose.

Third place:
Outside the Barbers, Jef Jef.
I’m a sucker for little vignettes on life like this. Well framed, so much to look at. Suits the B&W format just right.

HM’s to Jen zenjenny and her handsome hi key cat portrait.
Couples in Paris, sdimbour Sandra. The bodies of the foreground couple provide great leading lines to the wonderful expressions on the other two travelers. What were they staring at?
The Inner Cyprus, Ted terse. Simply put, so much detail to wonder at.
The high contrast street photography from rizole Rizole.
Yeah, just loved Jilly's image! Good choice. Loved the droplets on the Rose too, well done John and to Jef, Jen, Ted and Rizole.

Back
Top Bottom