B&W RESULT:#98 Black & White Challenge

IMG_rose0090.JPG

this weeks rose ! - vignette for android

sinnerjohn John’s lovely dewy rose brings this week’s Black and White Challenge to a CLOSE. As usual, the standard of the entries is really high, and it’s RHKing Robert’s unenviable task of choosing the winners. Whenever you’re ready Robert.:thumbs:

This was a difficult run this week and I decided to approach it from the perspective of ‘if I were publishing a print magazine what would I stand behind 100%.’ I’m getting very analytical these days and my selection is what made the grade.

First place:
It’s Raining Again, JillyG
06B54E16-0968-401F-B4D8-AAAD296CAEEF.jpeg

The foliage is almost glass like. Really love the minimalist yet detailed composition. The thin background lines are almost calligraphic lending it an oriental feel.

Second place:
Friday sinnerjohn John
I’m always drawn to blurred and out of focus work. So this hits the spot for me, very reminiscent of the industrial photography of Bernd and Hilla Becher. This was a close call with his rose.

Third place:
Outside the Barbers, Jef Jef.
I’m a sucker for little vignettes on life like this. Well framed, so much to look at. Suits the B&W format just right.

HM’s to Jen zenjenny and her handsome hi key cat portrait.
Couples in Paris, sdimbour Sandra. The bodies of the foreground couple provide great leading lines to the wonderful expressions on the other two travelers. What were they staring at?
The Inner Cyprus, Ted terse. Simply put, so much detail to wonder at.
The high contrast street photography from rizole Rizole.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a difficult run this week and I decided to approach it from the perspective of ‘if I were publishing a print magazine what would I stand behind 100%.’ I’m getting very analytical these days and my selection is what made the grade.

First place
View attachment 115931
The foliage is almost glass like. Really love the minimalist yet detailed composition. The thin background lines are almost calligraphic lending it an oriental feel.

Second place:
Friday, John sinnerjohn
I’m always drawn to blurred and out of focus work. So this hits the spot for me, very reminiscent of the industrial photography of Bernd and Hilla Becher. This was a close call with his rose.

Third place:
Outside the Barbers, Jef.
I’m a sucker for little vignettes on life like this. Well framed, so much to look at. Suits the B&W format just right.

Couples in Paris, sdimbour Sandra. The bodies of the foreground couple provide great leading lines to the wonderful expressions on the other two travelers. What were they staring at?
The high contrast street photography from rizole.
Thank you Robert, for a great piece of judging (well, I would say that wouldn’t I, but no, really ...). And thank you for choosing my image as the winner. I’m beyond thrilled. :D I hope I can do just as great a judging job this coming weekend. Well done to sinnerjohn John and Jef Jef for second and third respectively. Two great images. And big hugs to the HMs. What a week it was. I hope everyone is going to give me something to think about with lots of images.:D Right, me and my It’s Raining Again are off to the Gallery.:rolleyes:

First place
View attachment 115931

Second place:
Friday, John sinnerjohn

Third place:
Outside the Barbers, Jef.

The high contrast street photography from rizole.
Yay congrats JillyG a worthy winner from the get go :thumbs:
Many thanks for 2nd Robert, there were an extraordinary amount of top class images this week so I'm honoured :notworthy:
Well done Jef and all the HMers :thumbs:

First place:
View attachment 115931

Second place:
Friday sinnerjohn John

Third place:

No argument here. Great piece of work by JillyG, and posted right at the beginning. We all could have taken the week off. :lmao:

Congrats to JillyG :thumbs: great image !!!
Congrats to all others!!! The standard of bnw pics is getting very high here :)

Thanks RHKing for the HM.
They were heading to a L’Oréal fashion parade organized on the Seine just behind me!!!

First place:
View attachment 115931

Second place:
Friday sinnerjohn John

Third place:

Back
Top Bottom