B&W RESULT: B&W Challenge #270….Ends February 26

I've done quite a few, and in general they come out very well. I do upsize the images when necessary, but with the apps available these days, that works out well as long as the original is good.

The main problem with 13x19 is that I run out of wall space very quickly :D
How do you upsize? Mike’s favorite print of mine (I think it might be the only one he likes :lmao: ) accidentally got thrown out during our ongoing renovations. I now have a super-printer and told him I’d replace it. I’d like to see how it looks upsized even though the regular print is pretty good.

A0180D7E-83BB-4DDC-8506-6B3309CD1D74.jpeg

The artist, his model and an admirer :inlove: Musée d’Orsay - Paris - France
IPhone 13 Pro - Lightroom mobile

How do you upsize? Mike’s favorite print of mine (I think it might be the only one he likes :lmao: ) accidentally got thrown out during our ongoing renovations. I now have a super-printer and told him I’d replace it. I’d like to see how it looks upsized even though the regular print is pretty good.
I use either Pixelmator Photo on the iPad or Pixelmator Pro on the Mac. They both work well. The only drawback to the iPad version is that it makes its own decision about how much it can upsize the image, so I usually need to crop it and/or downsize it a bit on the Mac before I print. Previously, on the Mac, I used Topaz Gigapixel AI. That was good, though the current Pixelmators are better, but the current Gigapixel is improved -- just haven't upgraded so I can't compare. There are several other desktop apps that are in a sort of upsizing arms race, so there's lots to choose from if you want to get something new. I think Gigapixel and at least some of the others come as both a plug-in and a standalone. (I can hunt up the app names if you're curious.)

I use either Pixelmator Photo on the iPad or Pixelmator Pro on the Mac. They both work well. The only drawback to the iPad version is that it makes its own decision about how much it can upsize the image, so I usually need to crop it and/or downsize it a bit on the Mac before I print. Previously, on the Mac, I used Topaz Gigapixel AI. That was good, though the current Pixelmators are better, but the current Gigapixel is improved -- just haven't upgraded so I can't compare. There are several other desktop apps that are in a sort of upsizing arms race, so there's lots to choose from if you want to get something new. I think Gigapixel and at least some of the others come as both a plug-in and a standalone. (I can hunt up the app names if you're curious.)
I seem to own Pixelmator. :rolleyes: I try that. Thank you!

I lived in Philadelphia for a year ~1970, and as a California kid, I was flabbergasted by the idea of a public utility that piped steam through the streets. "Did you pay the steam bill this month?"
A west coaster on the east coast for a year! And Philly… quite a change I’m sure. I love that story.

Back
Top Bottom