MobiColour RESULT: MC #104 No Theme - January 22-28, 2018

A521338B-8E05-4998-A47F-AF7427AD47ED.jpeg

Magic egret dust
Shot with ProCamera, cropped in Photos

Disappointing results with things far away/zoom. Do iPhones do any better?
View attachment 105320
I don’t think iPhones do much better... I tried a couple of times but only at night with nightcap app and a tripod, but it’s still very blurry/undefined. I think we need a proper camera for that kind of photo, but ha[py to be corrected by anyone with a different experience and useful tips/tricks!

The only thing straight is the camera.
That's interesting. I think that because things are leaning every whichway, it ends up balanced in a way, so I don't feel the urge to reach out and straighten something, the way I do when a horizon or a door or something is a bit off line. When a single thing in a photo is tilted, or several things are tilted in the same direction, it pulls me out of the image. (If you know what I mean. Possibly it's just a particular weirdness of mine, but if that turns out to be the only one it'll be a good day. :rolleyes:)

That's interesting. I think that because things are leaning every whichway, it ends up balanced in a way, so I don't feel the urge to reach out and straighten something, the way I do when a horizon or a door or something is a bit off line. When a single thing in a photo is tilted, or several things are tilted in the same direction, it pulls me out of the image. (If you know what I mean. Possibly it's just a particular weirdness of mine, but if that turns out to be the only one it'll be a good day. :rolleyes:)

I understand perfectly.

View attachment 105346
dog walking. - snapseed

This feels very much like a view from the edge of the woods. Where sprawl is encroaching on natural habitat. It’s a very unsettling view of civilization. Of course I have no idea what is really behind this position. I can imagine wild animals coming to the edge to puzzle out this strange invasion. Or I can imagine “the dog” pausing here to decide which way to go. It could open an Alfred Hitchcock scene.

Back
Top Bottom