MobiColour RESULT: MC #104 No Theme - January 22-28, 2018

Not huge numbers of entries this week, unsurprisingly, but they were all of great quality. Top of the pile for me was sinnerjohn John’s Tuesday Tuesday.

88A8DFC2-E6C2-4573-8972-EA5343043D2E.jpeg

He’s managed to combine the depressive quality of a railway station on a wet Tuesday evening with a fabulously sharp night shot full of colour. And we all know how difficult that is. His “Dog Walking” also gets an HM for its Stepford Wives vibe.

Everyone else comes second with the following:

rizole Rizole’s fabulous opener, Looking Forward to Spring. Great editing to make this look like a magnificent bronze sculpture. And also with his There’ll Be Trouble - there must be a story behind this one. RoseCat Catherine with another view of her favourite polytunnels. Can’t have enough of those. terse Ted with Fire in the Eucalyptus Grove - there are so many faces in that scorched trunk. Love your egrets too Ted and your other “birds”:D. ImageArt Ann with a view of a shanty town from a unique angle. Technology has found its way there too I see. FundyBrian Brian’s woodwormy shack is great. I just know that Catherine would love to poke around in there. I really like deepop David’s abstract pink composite. And finally, putting a full stop to this week’s MCC is tommy71k Tommy with another railway station. This one looks like it’s closed for the winter; blinds down like droopy eyelids.:)

That’s it folks (as some cartoon character would say - Bugs Bunny?). Loving your work people.:D

Not huge numbers of entries this week, unsurprisingly, but they were all of great quality. Top of the pile for me was sinnerjohn John’s Tuesday Tuesday.

View attachment 105374
He’s managed to combine the depressive quality of a railway station on a wet Tuesday evening with a fabulously sharp night shot full of colour. And we all know how difficult that is. His “Dog Walking” also gets an HM for its Stepford Wives vibe.

rizole Rizole’s fabulous opener, Looking Forward to Spring. Great editing to make this look like a magnificent bronze sculpture. And also with his There’ll Be Trouble - there must be a story behind this one. RoseCat Catherine with another view of her favourite polytunnels. Can’t have enough of those. terse Ted with Fire in the Eucalyptus Grove - there are so many faces in that scorched trunk. Love your egrets too Ted and your other “birds”:D. ImageArt Ann with a view of a shanty town from a unique angle. Technology has found its way there too I see. FundyBrian Brian’s woodwormy shack is great. I just know that Catherine would love to poke around in there. I really like deepop David’s abstract pink composite. And finally, putting a full stop to this week’s MCC is tommy71k Tommy with another railway station. This one looks like it’s closed for the winter; blinds down like droopy eyelids.:)

That’s it folks (as some cartoon character would say - Bugs Bunny?). Loving your work people.:D
I'm gobsmacked Jilly, many thanks :notworthy:
Like you say, not a huge amount of entries but some superb work posted, well done all :thumbs:

View attachment 105374

A very nice & tidy summary, Jilly. I’ll agree with everything except I fail to find anything depressing about sinnerjohn’s railway station on a rainy evening, or about railway stations in general in the rain. I would say, fascinating.

A very nice & tidy summary, Jilly. I’ll agree with everything except I fail to find anything depressing about sinnerjohn’s railway station on a rainy evening, or about railway stations in general in the rain. I would say, fascinating.
It’s funny that you say that Brian, because I always find railway stations depressing. I have no idea why. I don’t know if it’s all those people dangling about waiting, the buildings themselves or what. Perhaps something happened when I was younger to make me feel this way about them.:confused:

Right, before anyone else can post another image, I am declaring this MCC officially CLOSED. I hope that’s okay RoseCat Catherine.:D Judging will commence shortly.

View attachment 105374

Well, you are a MobiBabe Extraordinaire, that’s for sure!! :inlove::mobibabe::notworthy: I came here to wrap up this week (rather LATE, I will admit... was up till 2:00am dealing with my 7 Plus that got forced into a factory reset :eek::barf::poo:) only to find our Jilly had neatly and efficiently wrapped everything up with her usual lovely (and most likely handcrafted) ribbons and bows. :inlove:

Perfect choice for winner! Well done John!! :inlove:
Congrats to all the seconds - and I thank you Jilly for including me! :D

It’s funny that you say that Brian, because I always find railway stations depressing. I have no idea why. I don’t know if it’s all those people dangling about waiting, the buildings themselves or what. Perhaps something happened when I was younger to make me feel this way about them.:confused:
Attacked by a rabid train station and you were so traumatised you've repressed the memory?

Some combination of an add-on tele lens and shooting into the sun and who knows what else. I've seen teal/turquoise circles when shooting into the sun before, but never confetti like this.

Oh, maybe some water sprayed to the lens might be the answer.

sinnerjohn: congratulations!
And also to all follow uppers. [emoji106][emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom