MobiColour RESULT: MC #121 Theme: The Decisive Moment - May 21-27, 2018

Here’s the new theme: The Decisive Moment - not necessarily the peak of action, but the second when all of compositional elements of the scene come into harmony. If you need any guidance look up Cartier-Bresson - the decisive moment, 1952.
This will be an interesting challenge...

To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as of a precise organization of forms which give that event its proper expression.

— Henri Cartier-Bresson

Last edited:
:rolleyes::D Good eye! (I like rats. Friendly, sociable creatures with a good sense of fun.)
Hey, who you callin’ a rat?:mad: I’ll have you know that this is a field mouse.:mobibabe: And it has the cutest little babies which are just field mice (what else?) in miniature - they’re about an inch long. Adorable.:inlove:

Last edited:
Ready to Pounce

Snapseed

8A7DE170-4591-4C9E-8CEE-19046545DB01.jpeg

Perhaps confused. It’s that instant of recognition that everything has suddenly come together. Recognizing that a second earlier or later would be nothing at all. And that may happen very suddenly, perhaps appearing spontaneous and without thought, but being so much more.
I’m sure we’ve all experienced this many times... too late. That sudden revealing expression, so quickly gone. Or a fortuitous juxtaposition, a moment later gone forever. But sometimes it’s something unexpected happening right in the viewfinder while we’re preparing for something else and you make that quick exposure before the moment has passed. Yay!

Last edited:
Perhaps confused. It’s that instant of recognition that everything has suddenly come together. Recognizing that a second earlier or later would be nothing at all. And that may happen very suddenly, perhaps appearing spontaneous and without thought, but being so much more.

Yes, but I don’t think my mind or my reflexes work that quickly. I might see just the right thing at just the right time and if only someone could invent a camera that’s linked to our eyes whereby we double blink and it captures what we’ve seen. Usually I’m scrabbling about in my handbag, or removing the Moshi from my phone and the moment is ... well, you know. I might have to contrive something. I have an idea, but I might need some help to carry it out.:D

Back
Top Bottom