MobiColour RESULT: MC #125 No Theme - June 19-24, 2018

Honourable mentions first. Obvs sinnerjohn for not playing the cute card for ages and ImageArt for going nuts. Some lovely shop windows, a Tibetan door and a one-in, one-out composting toilet shot by RoseCat. zenjenny's A llama each way made me chuckle. Reminded me of the Pushmepullyou from Doctor Dolittle. Lots of close in flowers, a joyous, if infested dandelion and colourful, wide street shots from terse.

There were 5 standout pics for me this week from 3 people so in reverse order:

3rd goes to FundyBrian for Aerial View. Lovely fractal patterns in this and without context, this is one of those pictures that could be from hundreds of feet up or a few inches. The effect of water on land seems pretty standard at what ever level of magnification.

2nd I'm awarding to ImageArt for My Builders Dog. Just a lovely portrait and composition. A very narrow pallet of colours but the blues and browns work so well together with the soft treatment, it doesn't need any more. I would have given you first place for this Ann but the winner submitted a few pics that tipped them over the edge.

So my winner this week is sinnerjohn who, cuteness aside, produced 3 shots I loved. There's Cement Mixer, and while I appreciate the artist did a lot of work to make this picture happen, as a standalone pic it works for me on it's own terms. Simple, clean, interesting, colourful.
And then there's the Authoritative Pot Belly, or maybe it was called deep. There's a lot going on here. There's a wide view with items at different scales and distances. The sphinx (?) like sculpture looks almost inscrutably contemplative and slightly knowing adding another meaning to the title. The group at the side are interesting, although that thrusting belly is a sight on its own and the statute behind is spatially grouped with them. There's a juxta position of the ancient and modern, the finished and the in progress at different levels in the picture. And, now I'm looking again, a restricted pallet of colours mostly in the grey/blue and brown/orange range.
So the picture that's won this week is Wild wild horses.
20180621_162131-01-01-jpeg.110976

Simple, geometric lines on the left, softer shapes of the tree on the right and a fluffyness in the sky. But the almost flat view in this pic is given extra dimension by the shapes of the tree being echoed in the sky by the clouds and the perspective of the horses. More depth is given by the picture of the advert as its horizon melts upwards into the sky, the blues almost matching. (If this was my picture I might have tried edited in some clouds in the advert to complete the shapes of the clouds behind. OTOH that might have over complicated it.)
Nice editing too, almost a "denim" feel to it. Nice one.

Thanks all, excellent as always :):notworthy::notworthy::)

:lmao:

Are they composting toilets ? I have a thing about composting toilets - I think they (along with solar panels) should be govt sponsored in every household. Well. Every household that’s fixed and on the ground. :mobibabe:
And so say all of us! I think they’re the future too.:thumbs:

Honourable mentions first. Obvs sinnerjohn for not playing the cute card for ages and ImageArt for going nuts. Some lovely shop windows, a Tibetan door and a one-in, one-out composting toilet shot by RoseCat. zenjenny's A llama each way made me chuckle. Reminded me of the Pushmepullyou from Doctor Dolittle. Lots of close in flowers, a joyous, if infested dandelion and colourful, wide street shots from terse.

3rd goes to FundyBrian for Aerial View. Lovely fractal patterns in this and without context, this is one of those pictures that could be from hundreds of feet up or a few inches. The effect of water on land seems pretty standard at what ever level of magnification.

2nd I'm awarding to ImageArt for My Builders Dog. Just a lovely portrait and composition. A very narrow pallet of colours but the blues and browns work so well together with the soft treatment, it doesn't need any more. I would have given you first place for this Ann but the winner submitted a few pics that tipped them over the edge.

So my winner this week is sinnerjohn who, cuteness aside, produced 3 shots I loved. There's Cement Mixer, and while I appreciate the artist did a lot of work to make this picture happen, as a standalone pic it works for me on it's own terms. Simple, clean, interesting, colourful.
And then there's the Authoritative Pot Belly, or maybe it was called deep. There's a lot going on here. There's a wide view with items at different scales and distances. The sphinx (?) like sculpture looks almost inscrutably contemplative and slightly knowing adding another meaning to the title. The group at the side are interesting, although that thrusting belly is a sight on its own and the statute behind is spatially grouped with them. There's a juxta position of the ancient and modern, the finished and the in progress at different levels in the picture. And, now I'm looking again, a restricted pallet of colours mostly in the grey/blue and brown/orange range.

Simple, geometric lines on the left, softer shapes of the tree on the right and a fluffyness in the sky. But the almost flat view in this pic is given extra dimension by the shapes of the tree being echoed in the sky by the clouds and the perspective of the horses. More depth is given by the picture of the advert as its horizon melts upwards into the sky, the blues almost matching. (If this was my picture I might have tried edited in some clouds in the advert to complete the shapes of the clouds behind. OTOH that might have over complicated it.)

Thank you rizole : always good to read your evaluations. Congrats sinnerjohn - I think you deserve the win simply for submitting an image available to that critique from rizole :mobibabe:

Congrats Ann, you’re becoming a fixture in the honour rolls :notworthy: :notworthy: . We will be waiting to hear how the builder likes thatbportrait of his dog - it’s such a beauty .

Congrats FundyBrian - ‘what rizole said’ - I poured over that ‘aerial image’ several times trying to decide if it was high or low. Mastery. :thumbs:

Congrats all HMs - thank you for mine, rizole :notworthy:

And what evil is afoot in sinnerjohn ’s theme-setting brain? :eek:

I enjoyed your thoughtful evaluation, rizole. A very interesting week. I’m glad you liked my “Arrial view”. And of course you knew I have a drone I sometimes lash my old iPod to. Thanks for my 3rd. Congrats to sinnerjohn and also ImageArt for her 2nd. Fine work everyone.

Lovely judging Rizole. The winning image was new to me - I missed it in the thread - so it was great to see it as the winner. Well done sinnerjohn John with all of your lovely images. Congrats to the HMs and also to the other podium winners, FundyBrian Brian, ImageArt Ann and terse Ted. It was another great, no-theme week.

Well done, John!

Thanks for 2nd place, Rizole. It was one of those lucky shots.

Well done too to Brian and all the HMs!

Well wow, I'm more than happy with that, didn't expect that to be a winner (deja-vu ). Been busy today with a certain football (soccer) match, apologies to my Scottish and American friends ;) Then BBQing and beer drinking, all very civilised I might add :D
Thanks rizole I really like your idea of cloning in the clouds on the ad to match the sky, why didn't I think of that ! :notworthy:
Yay to Ann and Brian, I really loved that doggie portrait Ann :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom