MobiColour RESULT: MC #125 No Theme - June 19-24, 2018

C7D122EE-ED0B-40F7-92FA-C2DF33A6EE05.jpeg

Skipper
ACDSee Pro, Snapseed

:lmao:

Are they composting toilets ? I have a thing about composting toilets - I think they (along with solar panels) should be govt sponsored in every household. Well. Every household that’s fixed and on the ground. :mobibabe:
They were!! Everything here was eco conscious. And I absolutely agree with you. We should all be living with wind and solar power and composting toilets. My THOW will have solar panels and a composting toilet. :mobibabe:

Thanks Ann! It made me a wee bit sad though..... And just a short way from this some animal had dug up a turtle's nest and eaten all the eggs.... just a hole in the dirt and scattered eggshells remained. I knew there were turtles in the ponds and lake along the path, but didn't know they would lay eggs so close to the path. It would have been amazing to be there when they hatched.... who knows, maybe there are other nests and I will be granted such a sight. :inlove:

That’s why turtles lay so many eggs, right? They’re so vulnerable to predators - first in the sand, then on the long slow trek to the water — and probably in the water, too, while they’re small ? I saw on a doco once, they start their trek en masse - 120 or so of these tiny little critters crest the dunes and make for the water, and some of them make it. All other things being equal sufficient of them survive to keep the species going. Amazing.

That’s why turtles lay so many eggs, right? They’re so vulnerable to predators - first in the sand, then on the long slow trek to the water — and probably in the water, too, while they’re small ? I saw on a doco once, they start their trek en masse - 120 or so of these tiny little critters crest the dunes and make for the water, and some of them make it. All other things being equal sufficient of them survive to keep the species going. Amazing.
Yessssss..... I’ve watched docus on them too. Amazing beings and that trek to the water is so stressful to watch!

Back
Top Bottom