MobiColour RESULT: MC #149 No Theme - Dec 3-9, 2018

Having made up I mean researched the theme of theme-less-ness I had to follow through.
So, with a shortlist of about 30, I called upon my inner pedant/perfectionist (fortunately never too faraway)
and reduced it to five images that in my view were beautiful and engaging in some way
but did not lead me to a particular reading or theme.

Then I asked my DH ‘which of these images would you say were least thematic while still being inviting to the eye?’
My DH said ‘huh?’ and went back to watching Mission Impossible 97.

So. It’s JillyG with A Bloom and a Bulb.

View attachment 117782

Perfect theme-less-ness. A bloom and a bulb - of course! The image is balanced, composed, nicely lit - and if anyone can come up with a theme for that particular juxtaposition (‘B’s excepted) you’re smarter than I am. (I’ll stand by for the tsunami of perfectly reasonable themes :mobibabe:. But Jilly still wins :))

terse & rizole equal 2nd

Rizole can make (and has made) a sink full of dishes, a puddle and the remains of a pizza into images I’d be proud to hang on my walls. So I was not surprised to find most if not all of his contributions on my first list. This one, though — just look at the perfect attention to all seven (depends who you’re reading) of the key elements of design, all three (depends who you are reading) key principles of design — and, at least as far as I can tell, it means nothing at all! Genius!

View attachment 117872

Like rizole’s, Ted’s images have so much going on in them that my eye doesn’t feel led anywhere in particular. Ted’s title and that wonderfully sharp silhouette do suggest a story about the seagull landing - but then my eye is caught by the intricate markings, both natural and human made, in the rock — and then the almost abstract flattened layers of earth water and sky, and then the Rorschach-like shadows . . . Glorious, intriguing theme-less-ness.

View attachment 117838

Forgive me if I don’t list the 27 HMs. I’m sure you felt my admiration and enjoyment through the ether :notworthy: :inlove: :)
This particular take on theme-less-ness turned out to be more interesting and challenging than I expected. Very well done to the winners for doing such a good job of interpreting the theme with great images. Congrats to JillyG! Also congrats to terse & rizole for 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom