MobiColour RESULT: MC #26 Theme: Simplicity - July 25-31

Wonderful choices, deepop David!
Congrats to RoseCat, ImageArt Ann, Starzee [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471] and the runner ups and JillyG, terse and FundyBrian. [emoji966][emoji966][emoji966]
Thanks for mentioning Neil and me. [emoji890][emoji890]
And I don't think macros should have an own category. If so we have to put another up for wide lenses, one for tele and one for fisheye lenses as well as panoramas. Maybe one day with iPhone 12 it can handle all on its own. Don't split it. [emoji4]

Well, here goes. Judging, of course... an impossible task. After reviewing all the photos all morning I managed to winnow it down to 9 pics, then to 6, and could go no further. A lot of honorable mentions.

Winner-RoseCat's tin shed. I love the blues/greys palette , the diagonal roof line slashing across the vertical wall lines, the geometric figures in the lower end of the roof line. An arresting picture.(My apologies to you for having you have to judge again with so little respite.)
View attachment 80310
2nd place - ImageArt's ?ginko leaves. The before and after really shows off what a beautiful edit she created. I particularly like the contrast of the pinks and greens of the leaves with the blurred blue background and the offset edges she applied.
View attachment 80311
3rd place - Starzee's Simplicity. Like with Ann's pic, I like the contrast of the foreground with the blurred background, although this time the foreground is bold with color and leading lines the subtly colored fringed quarter-orb.
View attachment 80312
Honorable mentions (order doesn't connote preference)
JillyG's Hole in One - perfect composition, color, and geometry
View attachment 80313
terse's Agave which to me looks like a flat caterpillar with reddish black hooked feet wrapped around a stem of similar color. I love the light and shadow (of course) and the muted bleached greens
View attachment 80314
FundyBrian's Chair with a View.Great colors, humorous, simply fun to look at.
View attachment 80315
I feel like the macros should be a whole separate category, and I not sure I'd call them simple.I particularly liked GroovyGouvy's food series and Neil booth's oculars.All the macros were wonderful.
Thanks David and congrats to everybody else!

Back
Top Bottom