MobiColour RESULT: MC #26 Theme: Simplicity - July 25-31

Amazing! The pignoli nuts (?) look like they're floating in space. And the lichee looks like skin... [emoji33]

Yes, and it's even tinier! It's sesame seeds!
Oh, it's lichee in English? And yes, maybe that's why it looked like an old wrinkled witch to me. [emoji1]

The Fly.

View attachment 80294

iPhone 5s 20x Olloclip macro. A touch of Snapseed .

How did you convince them to stay? The pity with that macro I've got is I have to get damn close to the object. Farthest about 10mm to 5mm close. No insect likes it and is off until it focused. So far I've got one ladybird and a 2mm spider. But the leave the ladybird was on swayed a little in the wind. So no really sharp area. But the spider looks good. Oh, I post them here for you to see:

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469961934.389931.jpg

6s+
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469962192.790447.jpg

6Pod
Oh, forgot this spider, even tinier than the one above:
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469962238.779046.jpg

6Pod
How far away can you go? I found sometimes it takes away the light when go over the subject. Logically it's shaded by phone. [emoji15][emoji4]

How did you convince them to stay? The pity with that macro I've got is I have to get damn close to the object. Farthest about 10mm to 5mm close. No insect likes it and is off until it focused. So far I've got one ladybird and a 2mm spider. But the leave the ladybird was on swayed a little in the wind. So no really sharp area. But the spider looks good. Oh, I post them here for you to see:

View attachment 80297
6s+
View attachment 80298
6Pod
Oh, forgot this spider, even tinier than the one above:
View attachment 80299
6Pod
How far away can you go? I found sometimes it takes away the light when go over the subject. Logically it's shaded by phone. [emoji15][emoji4]
With bees and flies I put a sugar and water mix on the flower, they stay or come back quickly.

Okay MobiColorists, this thread is now closed, awaiting evaluation from deepop David. :thumbs:

What a great week filled with "simplicity"... but I have a feeling it will be anything BUT simple for David to choose a winner..... :eek:
Thank you, thank you Cat. I was getting worried more photos would get posted. Will get back to everyone in a few days.:whistle:

Well, here goes. Judging, of course... an impossible task. After reviewing all the photos all morning I managed to winnow it down to 9 pics, then to 6, and could go no further. A lot of honorable mentions.

Winner-RoseCat's tin shed. I love the blues/greys palette , the diagonal roof line slashing across the vertical wall lines, the geometric figures in the lower end of the roof line. An arresting picture.(My apologies to you for having you have to judge again with so little respite.)
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469410114.048967.jpg
2nd place - ImageArt's ?ginko leaves. The before and after really shows off what a beautiful edit she created. I particularly like the contrast of the pinks and greens of the leaves with the blurred blue background and the offset edges she applied.
image-2.jpeg
3rd place - Starzee's Simplicity. Like with Ann's pic, I like the contrast of the foreground with the blurred background, although this time the foreground is bold with color and leading lines the subtly colored fringed quarter-orb.
df82e85bdc4577bc14a220534e7d7a10.jpg
Honorable mentions (order doesn't connote preference)
JillyG's Hole in One - perfect composition, color, and geometry
image-3.jpeg
terse's Agave which to me looks like a flat caterpillar with reddish black hooked feet wrapped around a stem of similar color. I love the light and shadow (of course) and the muted bleached greens
image-4.jpeg
FundyBrian's Chair with a View.Great colors, humorous, simply fun to look at.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469881557.425760.jpg
I feel like the macros should be a whole separate category, and I not sure I'd call them simple.I particularly liked GroovyGouvy's food series and Neil booth's oculars.All the macros were wonderful.

Well, here goes. Judging, of course... an impossible task. After reviewing all the photos all morning I managed to winnow it down to 9 pics, then to 6, and could go no further. A lot of honorable mentions.

Winner-RoseCat's tin shed. I love the blues/greys palette , the diagonal roof line slashing across the vertical wall lines, the geometric figures in the lower end of the roof line. An arresting picture.(My apologies to you for having you have to judge again with so little respite.)
View attachment 80310
2nd place - ImageArt's ?ginko leaves. The before and after really shows off what a beautiful edit she created. I particularly like the contrast of the pinks and greens of the leaves with the blurred blue background and the offset edges she applied.
View attachment 80311
3rd place - Starzee's Simplicity. Like with Ann's pic, I like the contrast of the foreground with the blurred background, although this time the foreground is bold with color and leading lines the subtly colored fringed quarter-orb.
View attachment 80312
View attachment 80313
terse's Agave which to me looks like a flat caterpillar with reddish black hooked feet wrapped around a stem of similar color. I love the light and shadow (of course) and the muted bleached greens
View attachment 80314
View attachment 80315
I feel like the macros should be a whole separate category, and I not sure I'd call them simple.I particularly liked GroovyGouvy's food series and Neil booth's oculars.All the macros were wonderful.
Wow... well, that was a surprise!!! :notworthy: Thank you very much David... Many congrats and hand claps to Ann, Starzee, Jilly, Ted and Brian! And honorable mentions Gouvy and Neil... so many great images this week! :inlove:

I do want to ask a big favor..... next Sunday will be a traveling day for me as I depart on my trip to the UK!!! Whoohooooo!!!!! <<<happy dance>>> I should be able to start the new challenge thread... but not sure if I'll be able to do the judging task. Would any of today's winners care to do the honors next week???

.....pretty please????....
:sneaky: :rolleyes: :whistle:

New MobiColor thread can be found HERE. :D

Last edited:

View attachment 80310
View attachment 80311
View attachment 80312
View attachment 80313
View attachment 80314
View attachment 80315

I sympathise with your plight David. I now know how difficult it is to choose the images you want to have in the top three. Congratulations to Catherine and Ann and Starzee. Thank you for my honorable mention. Ted's and Brian's images were fab. Gouvy and Neil's images were a glimpse into a world we don't often see, so thank you to them for that. Well done everyone for making David's life difficult in a good way. :lol::thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom