MobiColour RESULT: MC #30 THEME: Wheels - August 22-28

Low riders
Snapseed, 4PNTS
b49b9af6d48a57ae1043e21819acae66.jpg

The round church in Richibucto, New Brunswick.
You have to see it from the air to perceive its complete roundness, or wheel-ness.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472381823.903916.jpg

The arches are not the same height but rise over the main entrance facing the road, and the sun. The driveway at the main entrance is also an arc.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1472381855.726274.jpg

There is a drive-through entrance at the side where you pass under a covered section connecting the steeple to the church. Further to the right is the parking lot and a walkway leads under the steeple and connecting roof to the side entrance. Once inside, there is a dividing low wall so do don't enter directly into the church but into an outer perimeter where you can walk around to an appropriate aisle to enter the seating area.
When I used to do commercial architectural photography I photographed this church for the architect, some 30 years ago, all in b&w with a 4x5 view camera. I would love to get inside again to do a 360 panorama, in colour - the stained glass windows are glorious.

Last edited:
The Harley Davidson Club had a golf day here today. A really respectable lot. Not what I envisaged for a biker group. In fact at least four of the bikes belonged to plods. They roared off down the road next to our fairway while we were playing and dammit didn't have my iphone ready for a great bit of video footage. Sigh. The one that got away.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 11
My head is spinning, driving me to put the brakes on this wheel thing. What a crazy variety of of the round and roll-y. And what variety of interpretations, from implied wheels, abstract wheels, delicious wheels to circles and actual wheels! Even a crystal ball was in the mix ( that counts, right?)

I do so hate the part when I have to choose, it's so subjective and so difficult to narrow down. Depending on the day and mood, I pick three winners and leave all the other equally deserving artists in the shadows. Bah!

But, to get on with it, third place goes to Glenton for “A Bike Wheel”. I love the retro soft focus. There's a certain “feel” to it that I can't find words for.

Second place goes to Deepop for “Low Riders”. It's the perspective thing. I stared at his photo for the longest time, trying to make the brick work into a sidewalk. When I finally got the picture, so to speak, I swear I felt the light bulb go off in my head. Nicely done.

My favorite is Fundybrian’s “Wheels of Time”. The colors, the curves, the gears… I just love it! I'd hang it on my wall! Congratulations on first place!

I'd like to extend an honorable mention to GroovyGouvy for her non-wheel bug. If I had seen it before I picked “wheels”, I would have chosen “green” for the theme!

Great job everyone!

Back
Top Bottom