MobiColour RESULT: MC #30 THEME: Wheels - August 22-28

My head is spinning, driving me to put the brakes on this wheel thing. What a crazy variety of of the round and roll-y. And what variety of interpretations, from implied wheels, abstract wheels, delicious wheels to circles and actual wheels! Even a crystal ball was in the mix ( that counts, right?)

I do so hate the part when I have to choose, it's so subjective and so difficult to narrow down. Depending on the day and mood, I pick three winners and leave all the other equally deserving artists in the shadows. Bah!

But, to get on with it, third place goes to Glenton for “A Bike Wheel”. I love the retro soft focus. There's a certain “feel” to it that I can't find words for.

Second place goes to Deepop for “Low Riders”. It's the perspective thing. I stared at his photo for the longest time, trying to make the brick work into a sidewalk. When I finally got the picture, so to speak, I swear I felt the light bulb go off in my head. Nicely done.

My favorite is Fundybrian’s “Wheels of Time”. The colors, the curves, the gears… I just love it! I'd hang it on my wall! Congratulations on first place!

I'd like to extend an honorable mention to GroovyGouvy for her non-wheel bug. If I had seen it before I picked “wheels”, I would have chosen “green” for the theme!

Great job everyone!

Well done Star. Love all of those images, but Brian's stood out for me too. I wonder what Brian will choose as a theme?

My head is spinning, driving me to put the brakes on this wheel thing. What a crazy variety of of the round and roll-y. And what variety of interpretations, from implied wheels, abstract wheels, delicious wheels to circles and actual wheels! Even a crystal ball was in the mix ( that counts, right?)

I do so hate the part when I have to choose, it's so subjective and so difficult to narrow down. Depending on the day and mood, I pick three winners and leave all the other equally deserving artists in the shadows. Bah!

But, to get on with it, third place goes to Glenton for “A Bike Wheel”. I love the retro soft focus. There's a certain “feel” to it that I can't find words for.

Second place goes to Deepop for “Low Riders”. It's the perspective thing. I stared at his photo for the longest time, trying to make the brick work into a sidewalk. When I finally got the picture, so to speak, I swear I felt the light bulb go off in my head. Nicely done.

My favorite is Fundybrian’s “Wheels of Time”. The colors, the curves, the gears… I just love it! I'd hang it on my wall! Congratulations on first place!

I'd like to extend an honorable mention to GroovyGouvy for her non-wheel bug. If I had seen it before I picked “wheels”, I would have chosen “green” for the theme!

Great job everyone!

Thanks, Starzee, for seeing something of merit in my photo. And such good company to be among. I'm honoured! But, oh no, that mean I'll have to be the judge next week.

Great job everyone!
Thanks Star for the honor! There was many great contributions on this theme. Congrats to Brian, David and Gouvy. Applauses for all participants :cool:
... Waiting to Brian for the new theme :appsir:

Great job everyone!
Yes, choosing is ALWAYS the hardest part.... :barf: But you made fabulous choices Star! :D

Congrats FundyBrian!!! :D Well deserved!! :D

A loud and colorful round of applause to deepop David, Glenton Rodolfo and GroovyGouvy!!! :D

I'm surprised we haven't seen a wheel of sorts from Lzed . . .
Sorry have not been around much. company showed up friday and i am stuck with them throught this weekend :( not what i wanted.... New windows are here and as of this afternoon all are installed. next week the siding guys are supposed to be here so its pretty hectic. have not had much time for much else...

Back
Top Bottom