MobiColour RESULT: MC #35 Theme: Near & Far - Sept 26-Oct 2

Buckingham Fountain, Chicago
Snapseed
6223504b9a00af7171ba60ffd3fa469e.jpg

Well. I'll think of something to say directly.

Is that a memorial?
It's an informal collection of remembrances for various local surfers who surfed Steamer Lane and otherwise played a part in the scene over the years.

As an Australian (IE secretly convinced that all Americans are a bit, yknow.. fruitloopy) I thought it might be a lovers leap type of place. A bit like the suicide booth in Futurama.

what a lovely old street, so many places I've never been and this is one of them !
I've not posted this week in colour, in all honesty I didn't get what was required, it seems to me any shot that includes a background and foreground is ok ???

The theme is "Near & Far". You need both near and far in one photo/composite. Especially interesting would be some sort of connection between the near & far subjects/objects. Beyond that, there's lots or room for interpretation. For instance, 2 couples, one romantically close, the other, emotionally distant.
Maybe 2 things that cannot ever be together even though they aren't far apart. Maybe a cat staring up at a bird in a tree. So close and yet so far.

It's fine to beat around the bush..

It was more just staring. An appreciative stare, but no particular words came to mind. A kindof Bruce Lee moment: my mind became a finger, pointing at the wrought iron, the cityscape, the water, the framing. And then maybe I became the wrought iron o_O I think that's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom