MobiColour RESULT: MC #35 Theme: Near & Far - Sept 26-Oct 2

I am having trouble choosing.
Pump and Shed
IMG_1136.JPG

Or, Joanie With the Far Away Gaze
IMG_2360.JPG

Took this photo on my return from Florence and the significance is that I think this is the Battersea Power Station which Apple has just announced is going to be there new headquarters in the UK once construction is complete. It's the building just to the right of the light

image.jpeg

Took this photo on my return from Florence and the significance is that I think this is the Battersea Power Station which Apple has just announced is going to be there new headquarters in the UK once construction is complete. It's the building just to the right of the light

View attachment 82581
Pigs on the wing

Sent from my LG-H815 using MobiTog mobile app

Fanfare, drumroll, applause... Here are the winners of the MC#35 - Theme: Near & Far!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this challenge. You folks sure make it hard on a judge. Such a wonderfully diverse assortment of images and interpretations. I enjoyed the opportunity to study all the images closely.
Again I have to say I saw aspects of the images on my Cinema Display that I didn't notice on my iPhone screen and to some degree this troubles me. When I made the choice to enter into the spirit of the Mobi world I eschewed my computer and focused all my attention on what could be accomplished on my iPhone, without considering how I might work on the images on my computer or try to replicate my familiar workflow into the mobile photo studio. Only when I'm finished my image development on my iPhone do I transfer them to my computer for back-up, filing, & storage.

In addition to the usual elements of photographic quality I considered how images fit the theme and was especially interested to see if there was any connection, reason or relationship between the near & far. I think as you look at my top choices you will understand my reasoning.
I had some difficulty deciding between my 2 favourites, but it hardly matters since they were both made by the same person.

JillyG - Take a bow and accept the applause and admiration of your peers. You are the winner of MC#35! I hope that entitles you to a stack of gold, a new car, a cruise, or whatever the Mobi budget can manage.
JillyG-1.jpg

Honourable mentions go to:
JillyG:
JillyG-2.jpg

deepop:
deepop-2.jpg

MotownLarry:
MoTownLarry-2.jpg

Fanfare, drumroll, applause... Here are the winners of the MC#35 - Theme: Near & Far!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this challenge. You folks sure make it hard on a judge. Such a wonderfully diverse assortment of images and interpretations. I enjoyed the opportunity to study all the images closely.
Again I have to say I saw aspects of the images on my Cinema Display that I didn't notice on my iPhone screen and to some degree this troubles me. When I made the choice to enter into the spirit of the Mobi world I eschewed my computer and focused all my attention on what could be accomplished on my iPhone, without considering how I might work on the images on my computer or try to replicate my familiar workflow into the mobile photo studio. Only when I'm finished my image development on my iPhone do I transfer them to my computer for back-up, filing, & storage.

In addition to the usual elements of photographic quality I considered how images fit the theme and was especially interested to see if there was any connection, reason or relationship between the near & far. I think as you look at my top choices you will understand my reasoning.
I had some difficulty deciding between my 2 favourites, but it hardly matters since they were both made by the same person.

JillyG - Take a bow and accept the applause and admiration of your peers. You are the winner of MC#35! I hope that entitles you to a stack of gold, a new car, a cruise, or whatever the Mobi budget can manage.
View attachment 82706

JillyG:
View attachment 82707

deepop:
View attachment 82708

MotownLarry:
View attachment 82709
Congrates JillyG being winner you deserve it
Congrates deepop and MotownLarry for Honourable mentions and to JillyG to be honourable mention again
Thank you FundyBrian for your evaluation on MC#35 - Near & Far theme
To all contributors gave a big clap of applause to FundyBrian for his evaluation and time to go through all the images to find a winner
A big thank you FundyBrian
:thumbs:

View attachment 82706

JillyG:
View attachment 82707

deepop:
View attachment 82708

MotownLarry:
View attachment 82709
Well I'll be blowed! What a surprise. There were so many outstanding images this week and great interpretations of the theme, that I never dreamt mine would be up there, let alone top. Thank you very much Brian and well done to David and Larry and everyone who participated this week. I suppose after the glow of winning comes the task of choosing the theme. Agh! And here it is:

All indoors

Just images of the inside of somewhere - house, shed, shopping mall, school, college etc. That's not to say that you can't take the outside through a window or door, but there should be a sense of being inside looking out if you're going to do that, so more than just a window frame in that case.

Good luck and have fun.

Whoohoo!!! Congrats JillyG!! Well deserved! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Great work deepop David and MotownLarry! Loved your images as well. [emoji1][emoji106]

Now....will there be a theme this week, Jilly? [emoji848]
My words!
Thanks to Brian for his collaboration :)
Wow! An honorable mention! Thanks. I'm honored and proud to share that with deepop.

Awesome congratulations to Jilly. I love your winning photo.
Congrates JillyG being winner you deserve it
Congrates deepop and MotownLarry for Honourable mentions and to JillyG to be honourable mention again
Thank you FundyBrian for your evaluation on MC#35 - Near & Far theme
To all contributors gave a big clap of applause to FundyBrian for his evaluation and time to go through all the images to find a winner
A big thank you FundyBrian
:thumbs:
Well done JillyG with a cracking image :thumbs:

You all produced such great images, any one of which I would be happy to have on a calendar so that I could look at them for a whole month before moving on to another good one. :)

Well I'll be blowed! What a surprise. There were so many outstanding images this week and great interpretations of the theme, that I never dreamt mine would be up there, let alone top. Thank you very much Brian and well done to David and Larry and everyone who participated this week. I suppose after the glow of winning comes the task of choosing the theme. Agh! And here it is:

All indoors

Just images of the inside of somewhere - house, shed, shopping mall, school, college etc. That's not to say that you can't take the outside through a window or door, but there should be a sense of being inside looking out if you're going to do that, so more than just a window frame in that case.

Good luck and have fun.
Shed?!?!
[emoji1][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji1360]

Back
Top Bottom