MobiColour RESULT: MC #42 THEME: Story Telling - November 14-20

Last minute entry.
00ab984e6f0fbb331386e35b8cc6443b.jpg

What a fabulous image!!

We've come to the close of a very interesting week here at MobiColor, and the time has come for FundyBrian to choose a winner, and said winner to choose the theme for next week. :thumbs:

Isn't it a tough challenge to tell a story with a single picture ? :look:

You found exactly the right word: "challenge". That's what this is. Although I think I've learned my lesson not to expect people to do anything beyond search through pictures they have already shot to find entries for a challenge. Certainly not challenge themselves to try something new and go out and make new pictures for the challenge.
One of the important lessons we learn from this particular challenge is that very very few of the multitudinous thousands of pictures we have made in the past actually tell a story. Isn't that a sobering fact? Isn't it about time we did something about that?

One of the important lessons we learn from this particular challenge is that very very few of the multitudinous thousands of pictures we have made in the past actually tell a story. Isn't that a sobering fact? Isn't it about time we did something about that?
I think it depends who you ask... I see stories in all kinds of images, even the car image you posted. It, like all art, is very subjective. :thumbs:

Now, I'm excited to see who you will choose as this week's winner(s)! :D

FundyBrian to paraphrase Mr Rod Stewart.....
Brian if they had the words I could tell to you
to help you on the way down the road
I couldn't quote you no Dickens, Shelley or Keats
'cause it's all been said before
Make the best out of the bad just laugh it off
You didn't have to come here anyway
So remember, every picture tells a story don't it

You found exactly the right word: "challenge". That's what this is. Although I think I've learned my lesson not to expect people to do anything beyond search through pictures they have already shot to find entries for a challenge. Certainly not challenge themselves to try something new and go out and make new pictures for the challenge.
Oh dear Brian, not what you were hoping for then? I can honestly say that I, for one, am not concerned about telling a story with my photos. Sorry about that. I'm just happy to produce images that I like. If others like them that's a bonus. I'm not a paid photojournalist; I do this for fun. Take the fun out of it and what's the point?

Oh dear Brian, not what you were hoping for then? I can honestly say that I, for one, am not concerned about telling a story with my photos. Sorry about that. I'm just happy to produce images that I like. If others like them that's a bonus. I'm not a paid photojournalist; I do this for fun. Take the fun out of it and what's the point?

It has nothing to do with being a paid anything. It's about stretching your boundaries, getting out of the familiar ruts. If I had chosen "abstracts", or "pink", or "tired" or "action photo" as a topic and someone didn't happen to have any of those photos on hand they would need to go out and try something new. Something new. A challenge.
So, yes, I'm disappointed that more people didn't accept the challenge to try something new. I really did think it was the sort of challenge MobiTogers would run with and learn from.

Last edited:
FundyBrian to paraphrase Mr Rod Stewart.....
Brian if they had the words I could tell to you
to help you on the way down the road
I couldn't quote you no Dickens, Shelley or Keats
'cause it's all been said before
Make the best out of the bad just laugh it off
You didn't have to come here anyway
So remember, every picture tells a story don't it

I didn't know you were a the literary type, John :)

It has nothing to do with being a paid anything. It's about stretching your boundaries, getting out of the familiar ruts. If I had chosen "abstracts", or "pink", or "tired" or "action photo" as a topic and someone didn't happen to have any of those photos on hand they would need to go out and try something new. Something new. A challenge.
Yes, I hear you Brian (no need to shout :)), but sometimes life is the challenge. And truthfully, pink or tired or abstract would have been easier than trying to take a photo to try to satisfy the idea you have in your head. And most of us will take "easier" in our recreation time.

Yes, I hear you Brian (no need to shout :)), but sometimes life is the challenge. And truthfully, pink or tired or abstract would have been easier than trying to take a photo to try to satisfy the idea you have in your head. And most of us will take "easier" in our recreation time.

No shouting. I'm speaking in a very quiet discouraged & dejected voice.

I'm in my apartment in the morning, then I drive to work and I'm in my office all day. I bring my lunch so very rarely do I go outside. Then I drive home in the dark, back to my apartment. Not too many opportunities to capture stories on my iPhone, unfortunately.
While Brian ponders, or quietly fumes, I read this and thought it sounds just like my life, or anyone that has to work I guess.
I really hate winter, just realised I'd not taken a photo since the 16th and its now the 21st :(

Back
Top Bottom