Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #48!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: Diptych - any theme or type of 'two matching images' you choose -- but you have to tell us about your interpretation!

The judge for this challenge is zenjenny!

Last edited:
IMG_2807.JPG

This MC takes us to the end of one year and the beginning of another.

After much rumination about endings and beginnings, old and new, light and dark, birth and death (you get the picture :confused:), I remembered "Diptych":

historical meaning: a painting, especially an altarpiece, on two hinged wooden panels which may be closed like a book; an ancient writing tablet consisting of two hinged leaves with waxed inner sides. (OED)

More recently, 'Diptych' also refers to an image that tells a story in two parts.

As most of you probably know more about diptych than I do, I won't try to offer a more comprehensive definition :alien: But here's a couple of tutes/pages I found on my ruminative travels.

http://pixelcurse.com/photography/diptych-photography-the-art-of-combining-two-images

https://photography.tutsplus.com/tu...tories-and-unexpected-combinations--cms-23499

So the theme for this last-for-2016 MobiColour is Diptych: any theme or type of 'two matching images' you choose -- but you have to tell us about your interpretation!

Looking forward to the theme that zenjenny decides on... I've no doubt it will be highly creative. :inlove:

Yes well you know Cat the burden of responsibility for such a significant challenge weighed heavily . . . *sigh*. And I've probably lost a friend or too (my DH is sulking bcs I didn't accept his offer of 'beads, bells & Hare Krishna'). I hope you're all properly grateful for the time and effort I put into dreaming up this theme happy with my humble offering :inlove: :mobibabe: :alien:

Last edited:
This MC takes us to the end of one year and the beginning of another.

After much rumination about endings and beginnings, old and new, light and dark, birth and death (you get the picture :confused:), I remembered "Diptych":

historical meaning: a painting, especially an altarpiece, on two hinged wooden panels which may be closed like a book; an ancient writing tablet consisting of two hinged leaves with waxed inner sides. (OED)

More recently, 'Diptych' also refers to an image that tells a story in two parts.

As most of you probably know more about diptych than I do, I won't try to offer a more comprehensive definition :alien: But here's a couple of tutes/pages I found on my ruminative travels.

http://pixelcurse.com/photography/diptych-photography-the-art-of-combining-two-images

https://photography.tutsplus.com/tu...tories-and-unexpected-combinations--cms-23499

So the theme for this last-for-2016 MobiColour is Diptych: any theme or type of 'two matching images' you choose -- but you have to tell us about your interpretation!
I love it....! Thoughtful, meaningful and creative. :inlove:

I was lying on the beach and heard that there was a cookery class near the pool so I sauntered over and discovered that it was being given by a Malaysian celebrity chef, Chef Wan, who I knew nothing about until today. He cooked us a meal and then we all had some. So I think this diptych is self explanatory. Tuned in Snapseed and put together in Procreate.

IMG_1133.JPG

I was lying on the beach and heard that there was a cookery class near the pool so I sauntered over and discovered that it was being given by a Malaysian celebrity chef, Chef Wan, who I knew nothing about until today. He cooked us a meal and then we all had some. So I think this diptych is self explanatory. Tuned in Snapseed and put together in Procreate.

View attachment 85919
Good one Ann. :thumbs: I wonder what happened to that watch he's wearing on the cover of the book? He's wearing a different one in the cookery demo. :)

Perfect. A clever diptych and a wonderful combination of the yellows and blues in opposing directions. Gosh, what a start to compete with!
Thank you
Actually I was standing a the corner of the street at 5.00am It so happens the sun was breaking through casting long shadows The photo on the left was the sun coming up and on the right is my shadow

View attachment 85919

:lmao: 'I was lying on the beach and then a celebrity chef came and cooked my dinner' :lmao: Love it :thumbs:

(We should give you special dispensation for a triptych so you can include the dish!)

Back
Top Bottom