MobiColour RESULT: MC #48 DIPTYCH - Dec 26, 2016-Jan 1, 2017

You can see it in the distance through one of its own windows View attachment 85925

Inverse diptych :lmao:

This is the panopticon at Wycoller. You can see it in the distance through one of its own windows, which seems fitting for a panopticon.View attachment 85925

Cool interpretation of the theme :thumbs:

And the only panopticon I know is from Foucault's Discipline & Punish (not for the faint-hearted) so I'm grateful also for West End Girl Laura's research.

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

IMG_2811.JPG

On one of my dog walks I found a smashed iPhone. I'm guessing it was stolen and destroyed. I knew there was one tree in the village that still had apples on it, so hey presto! PhotoCollage and Stackables.

4bc67a59b7337102a59b04a4b8be1aa3.jpg

"You always hurt the one you love."
iPhone 7 Plus native camera, Diptic, Snapseed

Evocative (my first thought/feeling was *ouch*) .

Nice work with the palette, btw.

I like diptych in art/photography bcs it issues such a strong invitation to the reader to find (choose, dream up) the connecting/integrating narrative.

Blame my liberal arts background: I could write a paper on the meanings and metaphors I find in this pairing. The framed, meshed window, inside-looking-out limited view of that broad expanse of nature; and the visibility of that bit of 'nature' cluttered & littered by beer bottles that reference the worst of 'culture' . . . And that's without even thinking about the meanings evoked by the title.

Multiple:
Diptich
autocollage (has a nice random feature)
Just about any 'collage' app

GroovyGouvy Lzed ?

My first idea was/is twinviewer. You can compare 2 pictures side by side and save them as one in full res. [emoji4]
But for sure any other collage app might be able to handle two pictures. Photostein, photoTangler, Montage, TurboCollage, Fuzel, moldiv, Picsart … far too many to list. Not sure what I'll end up with … finding the motive is much harder than to find an app … [emoji1]

My first idea was/is twinviewer. You can compare 2 pictures side by side and save them as one in full res. [emoji4]
But for sure any other collage app might be able to handle two pictures. Photostein, photoTangler, Montage, TurboCollage, Fuzel, moldiv, Picsart … far too many to list. Not sure what I'll end up with … finding the motive is much harder than to find an app … [emoji1]

Thanks Gouvy! Veritable fountain of app information as I knew you would be! There's a start, sinnerjohn - and I'm off to check out twin-viewer. Never heard of it.

I like diptych in art/photography bcs it issues such a strong invitation to the reader to find (choose, dream up) the connecting/integrating narrative.

Blame my liberal arts background: I could write a paper on the meanings and metaphors I find in this pairing. The framed, meshed window, inside-looking-out limited view of that broad expanse of nature; and the visibility of that bit of 'nature' cluttered & littered by beer bottles that reference the worst of 'culture' . . . And that's without even thinking about the meanings evoked by the title.
:eek: I thought, cool nice pics! :D

Thanks Gouvy! Veritable fountain of app information as I knew you would be! There's a start, sinnerjohn - and I'm off to check out twin-viewer. Never heard of it.

That's the one I have because of FundyBrian. The app is free, but to save the two in one picture you have to buy the inapp. Or you do a screenshot, but I think there are the buttons visible in it. [emoji4]

And yes!!!!! ImageArt Ann, of course! Pixlr! [emoji1]

Thank you! The palette was created inside Diptic...they have a few filters you can choose from. And I'm happy this was able to evoke different meanings... [emoji4]

Inverse diptych :lmao:

Cool interpretation of the theme :thumbs:

And the only panopticon I know is from Foucault's Discipline & Punish (not for the faint-hearted) so I'm grateful also for West End Girl Laura's research.
I've read Foucault. :shudder: My wife thinks his name is mispronounced. Say the first 4 letters together and then the last ones seperatly keeping the T silent. :zip:

I've read Foucault. :shudder: My wife thinks his name is mispronounced. Say the first 4 letters together and then the last ones seperatly keeping the T silent. :zip:

If it's French she's probably right - the last letter is usually silent.

Back
Top Bottom