MobiColour RESULT: MC #48 DIPTYCH - Dec 26, 2016-Jan 1, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR MobiPeeps!! :D This was certainly a fun and creative week. :notworthy:

zenjenny has the arduous task of choosing the winner(s), but since today is the first day of 2017 and I'm sure lots of stuff is going on for all of us as we enter 2017, she should take her time choosing - no rush at all - and I'll close this thread to further entries so as not to make her task even harder. :barf:

Enjoy your New Years Day, my friends!! Cheers!! :inlove:

I sortof wish we'd had two weeks for this challenge - over the silly season, everyone's busy and diptychs can take longer to think through and create. But the show must go on. With a shortlist of 20+, I needed a filter -so I've gone thematic.

First, Kmenglee Kuan Meng's fabulous "Long shadows and sunrise" - classic gorgeous, light shadows hue subject composition - simply a beautifully thought through and made diptych. And Kuan Meng, we would all like to know what you were doing standing on a street corner at sunrise? :mobibabe:

IMG_9790.JPG

Second, I can't go past rizole's clever panopticon image with the panopticon visible to itself at a distance through one of its windows. Or something. :confused: You can *shudder* at Foucault, rizole, but he'd be giving you the big thumbs up for this image, which makes more simply one of his more complex points about self-surveillance in the middle of 'Discipline & Punish'.

IMG_9791.JPG

Third, Starzee Star gave us the "nutty" diptych, complete with quirky frame, of 'Car show mascots'. Another example of the visual artist/photographer eye that can find art (and/or the weekly theme) anywhere and everywhere :thumbs: :notworthy: :)

IMG_9792.JPG

HMs to JillyG's clever apple image, terse' whimsical tree ornaments, RoseCat's moving through a glass darkly type image, deepop's haunting ghost bike, GroovyGouvy's neverending Travelogue With Sheep, ImageArt's just another day in paradise, sinnerjohn's inside/outside comparison, rizole's domestychs and FundyBrian's meticulous work with the fractal gif.

Finally, MotownLarry, nice try, cornflake - but if addled brains ruled out contributing fantastic images, MobiTog would be a very sparse gallery :)

Thanks, all, for making the time to contribute ! And now, Kmenglee -- theme or no theme ? :D

I sortof wish we'd had two weeks for this challenge - over the silly season, everyone's busy and diptychs can take longer to think through and create. But the show must go on. With a shortlist of 20+, I needed a filter -so I've gone thematic.

First, Kmenglee Kuan Meng's fabulous "Long shadows and sunrise" - classic gorgeous, light shadows hue subject composition - simply a beautifully thought through and made diptych. And Kuan Meng, we would all like to know what you were doing standing on a street corner at sunrise? :mobibabe:

View attachment 86103

Second, I can't go past rizole's clever panopticon image with the panopticon visible to itself at a distance through one of its windows. Or something. :confused: You can *shudder* at Foucault, rizole, but he'd be giving you the big thumbs up for this image, which makes more simply one of his more complex points about self-surveillance in the middle of 'Discipline & Punish'.

View attachment 86104

Third, Starzee Star gave us the "nutty" diptych, complete with quirky frame, of 'Car show mascots'. Another example of the visual artist/photographer eye that can find art (and/or the weekly theme) anywhere and everywhere :thumbs: :notworthy: :)

View attachment 86105

HMs to JillyG's clever apple image, terse' whimsical tree ornaments, RoseCat's moving through a glass darkly type image, deepop's haunting ghost bike, GroovyGouvy's neverending Travelogue With Sheep, ImageArt's just another day in paradise, sinnerjohn's inside/outside comparison, rizole's domestychs and FundyBrian's meticulous work with the fractal gif.

Finally, MotownLarry, nice try, cornflake - but if addled brains ruled out contributing fantastic images, MobiTog would be a very sparse gallery :)

Thanks, all, for making the time to contribute ! And now, Kmenglee -- theme or no theme ? :D
Thank you very much zenjenny for selecting my photo on first
I was standing there to take pictures of the morning sun and the surrounding areas when the sun rays reaches the buildings and shooting directly at the sun using Filmborn camera app adjusting the WB to get the correct Temperature for my shoots
Congratulations to rizole for second and Starzee for third
JillyG, terse, RoseCat, deepop, GroovyGouvy, ImageArt, sinnerjohn, FundyBrian being HM
As for others Mobimembers who have posted on this thread all yours photos are winners Cos its a learning process for me and be part of the Mobi family
zenjenny or RoseCat Could you please ask someone to choose the theme for me During this festival period I will be very busy with my work As Asian and being Chinese - Chinese New Year is the busiest time
Thank you and very honoured being chosen in the beginning of the year 2017

Last edited:

View attachment 86103

View attachment 86104

View attachment 86105

Yay, congratulations Kuan Meng - an outstanding image. And well done to Rizole and Star - two very clever and very different images. Thumbs up to all the HMs. This was a thought-provoking and interesting challenge. What's next?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late... stayed the night at a friend's and have been sans device for the most part.

Great choices zenjenny! Congrats to Kmenglee Kuan Meng! Well deserved win! [emoji1360]

Fab images and well deserved honors to rizole, Starzee Star, JillyG, GroovyGouvy, ImageArt Ann and FundyBrian, and for including me in this wonderful group of creative artists!!

Happy New Year friends! :D

Yes - and/or we could pay respect to Chinese New Year -find out a bit about the year of the Red Fire Rooster (I'm a fire rooster :) I wonder if that means a fortuitous year for me :D

Hahaaah! So I know how old you will get this year! [emoji322][emoji323][emoji1]

Edit: oops, forgot to thank you for the great choices, the many HMs and congratulations to the winners!!!!!!!

Yes - and/or we could pay respect to Chinese New Year -find out a bit about the year of the Red Fire Rooster (I'm a fire rooster :) I wonder if that means a fortuitous year for me :D

And this is a cool idea too.... :confused:

How about people have the choice to either post an interpretation of the Red Fire Rooster, or no theme?

I'm a fire pig, er, boar.

Congrats to Kmenglee -- I especially liked the diagonal balance of the bright sunrise yellows. And thank you, Jen, for the mention in the middle of so many great photos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom