MobiColour RESULT: MC #48 DIPTYCH - Dec 26, 2016-Jan 1, 2017

Wanted to call this Ying & Yang either! [emoji23] Now the name is gone I'll call it: Old Year's Ewes
And I think you all knew I'll come up with something like this. [emoji4]
67fed01a2339643c84e1df9decbe60da.jpg

Native cam 6s*, Diptic
Heheheheh...

Guess where we went today. I haven't found an app that gives me control of the canvas yet. The couple I've tried auto crop the images to a template making composition a bit hit and miss. View attachment 86006

I found that PicsArt gives you pretty good control over the image - size, cropping, rotation. Some, but not all, templates allow you to move the dividing line back and forth to give full control over size of each photo.

I found that PicsArt gives you pretty good control over the image - size, cropping, rotation. Some, but not all, templates allow you to move the dividing line back and forth to give full control over size of each photo.

Yeah, I really love picsart. [emoji4] though it's now more wifi needed I think. Or they changed it back to back. [emoji1]

I think it only needs an internet connection to download resources for an effect the first time you use it, isn't that right?

I'm not sure. Maybe I mixed it up with another? Or were they adding some "Prisma" kind of filters? Will have a closer look into this next year. [emoji4]
Hmm, we should do a TWAC with it. [emoji1] and we'll know everything. [emoji23]

I'm not sure. Maybe I mixed it up with another? Or were they adding some "Prisma" kind of filters? Will have a closer look into this next year. [emoji4]
Hmm, we should do a TWAC with it. [emoji1] and we'll know everything. [emoji23]
Is PicsArt very different from Pixlr ?

Nicely done!

How difficult/easy is it to align the images just so?

rizole I meant to ask you same re your domestic image & gif -- ?

I don't think this is the one I wanted to post. I made several attempts and should have deleted the seconds. The transition was supposed to be smooth both ways.
PS. The only way I could get a dissolve transition was to make it as a slide show and export it as a video then import it into ImgPlay to make the gif. You need to make it picture 1, picture 2, and another picture 1 in order to cut the video in the middle of the two picture 1 areas to make it cycle properly.

Yes, it's a bit of trial and error getting the pictures to line up properly when just cropping in the Photos app. The proper thing to do would be to import both photos into Leonardo and make the top layer 50% transparent so I could see through to adjust it to fit the lower image. Then export the 2 layers separately (@100%).

davegray jangray shilx2 idieuwke bohand Michielarue craftconn sck burhinus wee Travlgirl Regulusoleo Herbert Kikoy Paul Holden -- welcome to MobiColour! Please join in -- a diptych is a great warmup for your 365 :D See the intro post for details :)

MotownLarry Starzee Unkei Twinkletoes (aka gourmand) Linda Lzed dogsitter chineezguy Philippe Schlossberg MsDee juryjone Mo-Co Frank Schlegel Venomator FotoLumos (we miss you) lisamjw Tomliw lkbside Jasongag Henrit Chris Wadsworth [*] please join in our last MobiColour for 2016 - it's a diptych challenge: how often do we have diptych challenges?? And I can already think of several of your images that would look great as half of a diptych :)

[*] someone else do some tagging? My fingertips get tired one-finger tapping on iPad :oops: o_O :mobibabe:

I don't think this is the one I wanted to post. I made several attempts and should have deleted the seconds. The transition was supposed to be smooth both ways.
PS. The only way I could get a dissolve transition was to make it as a slide show and export it as a video then import it into ImgPlay to make the gif. You need to make it picture 1, picture 2, and another picture 1 in order to cut the video in the middle of the two picture 1 areas to make it cycle properly.

Yes, it's a bit of trial and error getting the pictures to line up properly when just cropping in the Photos app. The proper thing to do would be to import both photos into Leonardo and make the top layer 50% transparent so I could see through to adjust it to fit the lower image. Then export the 2 layers separately (@100%).

Or just use a tripod and do a picture before and after. [emoji16]

[*] please join in our last MobiColour for 2016 - it's a diptych challenge: how often do we have diptych challenges?? And I can already think of several of your images that would look great as half of a diptych :)
If my addled brain could figure out what a diptych is and how to do one, I would have joined in, but even with the definitions and entries provided, I couldn't come up with anything.:notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom