MobiColour RESULT: MC #53 Theme: Movement - Jan 30-Feb 5, 2017

IMG_4074.JPG

March!!

iPhone 7 Plus, Snapseed, VSCO, Stackables, Image Blender

This photo (straight out of the camera) has motion but little else going for it, except a brief story...

IMG_3695.JPG

I was at Twin Lakes beach in Santa Cruz, taking some long exposure photos of the old pilings that are uncovered when winter storms shift a lot of sand. I was set up at the high water mark with a mini tripod (Joby GripTight Mini) propped on a handy log, a bluetooth remote trigger, and my iPhone 7. I'd already taken a bunch of shots (and already gotten my feet wet), when a larger than usual wave came in just as I was triggering the shutter. Bingo! The log toppled over and the retreating wave carried iPhone and tripod about 10 feet into the bay before I caught up to rescue it. I swished off most of the sand in the water, breathed a sigh of relief, and went back to shooting. (It's waterproof, ya know?) This photo was taken by the camera as it was falling.

This photo (straight out of the camera) has motion but little else going for it, except a brief story...

View attachment 88131

I was at Twin Lakes beach in Santa Cruz, taking some long exposure photos of the old pilings that are uncovered when winter storms shift a lot of sand. I was set up at the high water mark with a mini tripod (Joby GripTight Mini) propped on a handy log, a bluetooth remote trigger, and my iPhone 7. I'd already taken a bunch of shots (and already gotten my feet wet), when a larger than usual wave came in just as I was triggering the shutter. Bingo! The log toppled over and the retreating wave carried iPhone and tripod about 10 feet into the bay before I caught up to rescue it. I swished off most of the sand in the water, breathed a sigh of relief, and went back to shooting. (It's waterproof, ya know?) This photo was taken by the camera as it was falling.

[emoji33]ten extra points for this story! [emoji471]

View attachment 88131

:eek: And phew.

View attachment 88131

:eek::eek::eek:
Holy moly!!!! That sounds a bit horrifying. I have a visual of you running madly after the retreating wave. At least you have proof that it really IS waterproof!! (I'm scared to test it :oops:)

Found some time at the mall and tested the idea to use Taru Camera to capture the movement. Looked cool, even with its zoom (bit more than 2x), but not much colour. But then I shoved them through Snapseed and I'm very satisfied with the ghosts along the way. [emoji317][emoji4]

Single Ghost

Snapseed.jpg

Multi Ghosts

Snapseed.jpg

Found some time at the mall and tested the idea to use Taru Camera to capture the movement. Looked cool, even with its zoom (bit more than 2x), but not much colour. But then I shoved them through Snapseed and I'm very satisfied with the ghosts along the way. [emoji317][emoji4]

Single Ghost

View attachment 88172

Multi Ghosts

View attachment 88173

That IS cool!

Back
Top Bottom