MobiColour RESULT: MC #63 Theme: Something Fishy- April 10-16

IMG_3697.JPG

I gave up trying to edit this image into the one in my imagination bcs time was running out. Every app in my favourites folder. Image of three men fishing off the rocks just down the road last summer (iPhone 4s)

Ok, this is so difficult to do because I like so many of the pictures but here are my comments on the photos I like.

IMG_8462.JPG

Starzee, the instant I saw this I cracked up! It's crazy, it's clever, and it appeals to my twisted way of thinking.

IMG_8463.JPG

Humping whales is what came to mind as soon as saw this shot. I like the minimalism, the woodwork, and the composition.

IMG_8465.JPG

IMG_8467.JPG

Venomator, Jilly G, and Zen Jenny with Happy Fishy Dishy, From the Freezer, and Accidental Fish, respectively, are the best in the whimsy category.

I like Motown Larry's Reproduction Time for its minimalism, Deepop's A Fish Walks in...for the lighting and composition, and Zen Jenny's Fishermen for how it calms me.

The winning photo is something fishy #2 by Starzee.

I'm never entering again in fear of winning and thus having to judge!
-Michael Wong

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is so difficult to do because I like so many of the pictures but here are my comments on the photos I like.

View attachment 92273

Starzee, the instant I saw this I cracked up! It's crazy, it's clever, and it appeals to my twisted way of thinking.

View attachment 92274

Humping whales is what came to mind as soon as saw this shot. I like the minimalism, the woodwork, and the composition.

View attachment 92275
View attachment 92277
I love all of these images too! So, let me know if I am reading correctly: Starzee is the winner? With honorable mentions to MotownLarry, zenjenny and Venomator?

Venomator, Jilly G, and Zen Jenny with Happy Fishy Dishy, From the Freezer, and Accidental Fish, respectively, are the best in the whimsy category.

I like Motown Larry's Reproduction Time for its minimalism, Deepop's A Fish Walks in...for the lighting and composition, and Zen Jenny's Fishermen for how it calms me.

-Michael Wong
Oh but Michael, you have done a wonderful job and I would have chosen Starzee too! It's not to be taken that seriously and we all appreciate your opinions and even more your participation so PLEASE join us again!

-Michael Wong

Yes, it is a conundrum. The judging is too hard. But thank you for my honor!! It was a lot of fun. Congratulations to everyone.

Now, I believe it's up to me to think of a theme for next week. While I like a themed challenge, I think I'll give everyone a break and take the easy way out. No theme.

Any volunteers to take the judging off my hands??

Thank you Michael - lovely wrap-up, sorry you had technical difficulties on top of the stress of judging. But you know, 'suffer for your art' and all that :D

I wish 'judging' wasn't so stressful for everyone who does it. Maybe we should think of another name for it. Because I for one think it's invaluable to hear the different thoughts and approaches of different people . . . I like seeing my own and others' art through others' eyes...
congrats Starzee on your imaginative and beautifully-crafted image - and the rest of us for making Michael's week so stressful :)

View attachment 92273

View attachment 92274

View attachment 92275
View attachment 92277

-Michael Wong
What's wrong with you Michael :D - you're a natural at this judging lark and you've done a brilliant job. :thumbs: Well done Star. I love that image. Thank you for my HM. It was a great MCC week and I enjoyed everyone's images.

View attachment 92273

View attachment 92274

View attachment 92275
View attachment 92277

-Michael Wong
Congrats Star and all HM!
I understand to Michael and for me is totally comprensible his position. I think the point (or trouble?) is that the judge depends on just one person. If somebody ask me, I could suggest that the collective decides (by their likes) and the winner has the privilege to decides the next theme. Any person can share ideas and comments about an image, as is usually and one of the main characteristics of the Mobitog community.

Back
Top Bottom