MobiColour RESULT: MC #74 Theme: Unexpected Colour - June 26-July 2

Winchester

Hipstamatic: Hannah + Robusta

IMG_0062.JPG

Clever

Marcy Ave Station
LightBrush
View attachment 95850

Striking. I'm really liking the interpretations of this theme - and I think it's sharpening my eye, as well :)

The Bathing Pigeon

no further edits

Bathing pigeon :thumbs: :D

Winchester

Hipstamatic: Hannah + Robusta

View attachment 95881

Love the serene here, Ann

As usual, I don't have a clue what any of you are talking about. :barf:
I'll be happy to translate for deepop and zenjenny. EMDR = Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and MMPI = Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. (You can be forgiven for not recognizing the second one as it only applies to people in Minnesota.)

And now can someone tell me what JillyG's MTABOF means???

Hi, as an absolute mobitog acronym newbie I will leave the above discussion to the experts and keep to my task at hand.

As winner of the # 73 challenge, theme " Boats" I was to name the theme for the next challenge and choose the best three submissions.

So many participants in this challenge "Unexpected Colour". Absolutely awesome! And just for participating everyone IS a winner, for to participate is to win, always. That's what I love about art so much. You put yourself out there, you develop your creativity, you meet and connect with fellow artists.

Comparing the creative work of artists is like comparing apples and pears. Art apreciation is always subjective.
(There, that's me covering my ass ;))
I can only give you my opinion as to what I think is the most striking interpretation of the theme "Unexpected colour". A very difficult task.
I love love love the submissions posted here.
To name but a few …
"The blue door" by Rosecat, wonderful textures. Also by Rosecat "2", gorgeously minimalist.
Love how "Catching peanuts" by Venomator had people interpreting the image like a Rorchach test, great fun!
The wonderful face in "Turquoise" by Terse. "Along the sidewalk" also by Terse, simple, cheerful and so striking.
"Animal, Vegetable, Mineral" by Rizole, simply fab in concept and execution! "The council buildings" also by Rizole, I love the texture and rich colours. And last but not least also by Rizole, "The beach" an ethereal beauty!
" Lincoln Cathedral" by Sinnerjohn lovely coloured light spilling through onto the Cathedral floor.
As I said to name but a few …
So … drumroll … who is the winner of the #74 MC challenge …

Number 3: "An escalator in colour" by Imageart. A really excellent capture!

Number 2: "Unexpected orange" by Terse. Beautiful black texture with the bright orange centre piece so easily overlooked and yet so striking.

And finally Number 1: Deepop with " Marcy Ave Station"
E12A2F61-2992-4131-97A2-1125A41E8320-1838-000001F1CC91A771.jpeg

I love love love the bright yellow line and the women walking alongside. I also love the strikingly simple composition "Drainpipe", which I would call Number 1b if I could.

Thanks so much for showing us all your amazing images. They're gorgeous, precious and one of a kind and I feel very honoured to have been allowed to judge all your wonderful submissions.
Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be happy to translate for deepop and zenjenny. EMDR = Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and MMPI = Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. (You can be forgiven for not recognizing the second one as it only applies to people in Minnesota.)

Madder Than A Box of Frogs :lmao:

Hi, as an absolute mobitog acronym newbie I will leave the above discussion to the experts and keep to my task at hand.

As winner of the # 73 challenge, theme " Boats" I was to name the theme for the next challenge and choose the best three submissions.

So many participants in this challenge "Unexpected Colour". Absolutely awesome! And just for participating everyone IS a winner, for to participate is to win, always. That's what I love about art so much. You put yourself out there, you develop your creativity, you meet and connect with fellow artists.

Comparing the creative work of artists is like comparing apples and pears. Art apreciation is always subjective.
I can only give you my opinion as to what I think is the most striking interpretation of the theme "Unexpected colour". A very difficult task.
To name but a few …
"The blue door" by Rosecat, wonderful textures. Also by Rosecat "2", gorgeously minimalist.
Love how "Catching peanuts" by Venomator had people interpreting the image like a Rorchach test, great fun!
The wonderful face in "Turquoise" by Terse. "Along the sidewalk" also by Terse, simple, cheerful and so striking.
"Animal, Vegetable, Mineral" by Rizole, simply fab in concept and execution! "The council buildings" also by Rizole, I love the texture and rich colours. And last but not least also by Rizole, "The beach" an ethereal beauty!
" Lincoln Cathedral" by Sinnerjohn lovely coloured light spilling through onto the Cathedral floor.

Number 2: "Unexpected orange" by Terse. Beautiful black texture with the bright orange centre piece so easily overlooked and yet so striking.

And finally Number 1: Deepop with " Marcy Ave Station" I love love love the bright yellow line and the women walking alongside. I also love the strikingly simple composition "Drainpipe", which I would call Number 1b if I could.

Thanks so much for showing us all your amazing images. They're gorgeous, precious and one of a kind and I feel very honoured to have been allowed to judge all your wonderful submissions.

Marvellous, well done Dieuwke! It was another tough week for judging on the MCC, but you've done a marvellous job. That's the great thing about having a different judge every week - the subjectivity and the judges' different opinions and criteria. Congrats to deepop David, your images are always an inspiration. Claps to ImageArt Ann and terse Ted - wonderful images both. Everyone's a Winner Baby, That's the Truth (I seem to be channeling Hot Chocolate - weird :confused:).

To name but a few …

And finally Number 1: Deepop with " Marcy Ave Station" I love love love the bright yellow line and the women walking alongside. I also love the strikingly simple composition "Drainpipe", which I would call Number 1b if I could.

A fantastic theme! So thought provoking. Thank you for my 3rd place, Dieuwke, I'm honoured to be there. Fantissimo pic, David. That yellow line was so hypnotic. And a wonderful abstract, Ted. So powerful.

To name but a few …

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions with us, Dieuwke. And thanks for the #1 spot.It's so difficult to pick favorites out of so many wonderful shots in this weeks challenge. Congrats to Ted and Ann (I'm still marveling that you had your phone at the ready). Now I have to ponder - theme vs no theme.

To name but a few …

Yay, deepop! And thank you idieuwke for my second. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Congrats to all -- it was a great week.

Congrats David, Ted, Ann and HMs - wonderful week of interesting, unexpected & downright surprising colour.

(And Ann surely deserves the special recognition of her quick-witted and cleverly titled 'escalation' image :notworthy::thumbs:)

:notworthy: Thank you, kind sir. :appsir:

Madder Than A Box of Frogs :lmao:
HA!!! Love it. :D

To name but a few …

And finally Number 1: Deepop with " Marcy Ave Station"
View attachment 95917
I love love love the bright yellow line and the women walking alongside. I also love the strikingly simple composition "Drainpipe", which I would call Number 1b if I could.

Couldn't agree more... so many wonderful submissions. Bravo deepop David!! Well done! Congrats to placers terse Ted and ImageArt Ann! Bravo to the HMs, and I thank you for including me. :) Loved all the work this week.

Back
Top Bottom