MobiColour RESULT: MC #75 Theme: Red, White & Blue - July 3-9

Well, this week flew by!! :eek: July is already almost half over! I've loved all the creative ways that Red, White and/or Blue has been depicted, and now it's time for deepop David to make his choices! :D

Good name for a band: Mis-aligned Bicycle Rack.

Hands off: soon as I can work out how to include 'diasporic'and 'ecriture feminine' that's the title of my new series -- possibly also a tribute to the famous abstract painter JillyG mentioned

-- if JillyG ever gets around to telling me who s/he is :mobibabe: :rolleyes: :mobibabe:

Hands off: soon as I can work out how to include 'diasporic'and 'ecriture feminine' that's the title of my new series -- possibly also a tribute to the famous abstract painter JillyG mentioned

-- if JillyG ever gets around to telling me who s/he is :mobibabe: :rolleyes: :mobibabe:
I'm looking. I'm looking. Back soon.

Joan Miro. He even does one with bicycles and I'm sure, if there had been such things around, he'd have painted the racks to put them in too (and they would definitely have been mis-aligned).

Joan Miro. He even does one with bicycles and I'm sure, if there had been such things around, he'd have painted the racks to put them in too (and they would definitely have been mis-aligned).

Ah cool. Heard the name, wouldn't know his work if I fell over it - off to Google (bicycles, you say : )

Edit: I know him: the gold & blue Sun Moon and Stars guy!
(I got a photo of the Miro Methods sheet. It's for grade-school art class - but I get all my art tutorials from grade school art class :thumbs:)

IMG_6282.JPG
(DM me p, anyone, if you want a readable version)

Last edited:

Hmmm....

Mis-aligned Bicycle Rack: Cixous' écriture féminine from the cyclic diaspora as reflected in the works of Miró

This'll be short and sweet as the boys are napping.
1st place - JillyG's barely red dead orchids. The edit is wonderful and to me looks like two origami birds, one arising from -, the other having crashed headfirst, into the snow. (She also gets props for her lovely teacup, which also seemed to have generated a whole new thread re Affinity.)
IMG_4767.JPG
2nd place to rizole with "Life's a beach", with it's action and water filled perspective (some envy in that my phone is not water proof). Also love his R,W, & B ?taillight with the hint of a selfie.)
tmp_25825-20170617_170307-01791898504.jpeg
3rd place to RoseCat's "Stars & Stripes along the Hudson" with her pastel palette and gentle brushstrokes.
IMG_6218.JPG

Honorable mention to zenjenny who overcame her auto-fixation and compositional frustrations to post her "Red, White, Blue & Chai"
IMG_6239.JPG

This'll be short and sweet as the boys are napping.
1st place - JillyG's barely red dead orchids. The edit is wonderful and to me looks like two origami birds, one arising from -, the other having crashed headfirst, into the snow. (She also gets props for her lovely teacup, which also seemed to have generated a whole new thread re Affinity.)
View attachment 96230
2nd place to rizole with "Life's a beach", with it's action and water filled perspective (some envy in that my phone is not water proof). Also love his R,W, & B ?taillight with the hint of a selfie.)
View attachment 96231
3rd place to RoseCat's "Stars & Stripes along the Hudson" with her pastel palette and gentle brushstrokes.
View attachment 96233

Honorable mention to zenjenny who overcame her auto-fixation and compositional frustrations to post her "Red, White, Blue & Chai"
View attachment 96234

What? Eh? Me? :eek: Out of all those amazing images? I'm thrilled. :D Thank you deepop David. Snaps to rizole Rizole and RoseCat Catherine and also to zenjenny Jen for her HM.

I suppose I will be called upon to say whether it's a theme or no theme week. Well, IT'S A NO THEME WEEK! I like to make things hard on myself and easy on you. :lol: I look forward to judging huge numbers of images next Sunday. :D

Fab choices deepop David, and congrats to our JillyG!! Well deserved win! (And now I can't not see origami birds in the snow... too cool.)

Congrats to rizole for second place, and thank you kindly for my third! :inlove: Kudos to our HM-er zenjenny!

I see Jilly has chosen sans theme this week... should be an interesting week I'd say! (Jilly I have a feeling you'll be regretting it come Wednesday... :lol: )

Hmmm....

Mis-aligned Bicycle Rack: Cixous' écriture féminine from the cyclic diaspora as reflected in the works of Miró

I like this: pithy :appsir: But I wanted diasporic - The adjective is more suggestive than the noun, esp if the image is going to copy pay tribute to Miro's dots & circles, and that funny bit that looks like a fluffy bicycle seat cover. Using the adjective also opens the door for adjective as noun: a trope which in turn adds that certain je ne sais quoi to the title/image, which in turn references jouissance -- and when you think about it how else am I going to work in Cixous? Do keep up, Ted :mobibabe:

I like this: pithy :appsir: But I wanted diasporic - The adjective is more suggestive than the noun, esp if the image is going to copy pay tribute to Miro's dots & circles, and that funny bit that looks like a fluffy bicycle seat cover. Using the adjective also opens the door for adjective as noun: a trope which in turn adds that certain je ne sais quoi to the title/image, which in turn references jouissance -- and when you think about it how else am I going to work in Cixous? Do keep up, Ted :mobibabe:
Diasporic bicycles then?

Back
Top Bottom