Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #8!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, as well as deciding
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R ! !

The theme for this week is "Vernal or Autumnal Equinox".... however you'd like to interpret it. :D

The judge for this challenge is RoseCat! :eek: :barf:

Last edited:
image.jpeg

To start on a contrary note -- it's Autumn (Fall, for you northamericans) Equinox here. The sun is losing its hard edge. Every now & then a sense of south in the wind, less of the harsh dryness in the air. Lots of flowers and shrubs with brown burned edges starting to soften into golds and ochres. The sea looks a little more opaque. Just the merest suggestion that summer is ending.

View attachment 75137

To start on a contrary note -- it's Autumn (Fall, for you northamericans) Equinox here. The sun is losing its hard edge. Every now & then a sense of south in the wind, less of the harsh dryness in the air. Lots of flowers and shrubs with brown burned edges starting to soften into golds and ochres. The sea looks a little more opaque. Just the merest suggestion that summer is ending.
I love the way the purple/violet mixes in with the yellow to give the feeling of Autumn softening.

(I just cannot remember how to distinguish purple and violet.)

I love the way the purple/violet mixes in with the yellow to give the feeling of Autumn softening.

Thank you :inlove: glad it speaks to you: took ages to get the colours I wanted.

Re purple/violet: Ms RoseCat is our resident colour swatch/wheel thingie expert. She knows names of colours I never heard of. o_O

View attachment 75137

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

This is stunning.... :notworthy: The colors are sublime (they could be vernal or autumnal, IMO, and I've changed the theme to reflect both equinoxes :) ) and the liquidy feeling of motion... What a beautiful starting image. :inlove:

Re purple/violet: Ms RoseCat is our resident colour swatch/wheel thingie expert. She knows names of colours I never heard of. o_O
:notworthy: :D

I believe purple is more *blue* and violet more *red*. According to my iMac, I see lavender and deep purple, swirling among lemon and butter yellows, hints of peach and rose teasing us, and a lovely swatch of carnation pink in the lower left corner.

Beautiful. Actually I see a purply(?) yellow or yellow purply iris...speaks spring/summer to me

Perfect! The tilt of the woman's head makes this image for me. And how 'vernal equinox' is Chagall ?!? :)
Thanks, Jen. Chicago has an amazing art walk with Picasso, Chagall, Calder, etc. (FYI the "model" is my youngest daughter.:inlove:)

I have a question about the theme. English isn't my first language so I wonder, is the theme simply spring or Autumn pictures or did I miss something in the translation?

I have a question about the theme. English isn't my first language so I wonder, is the theme simply spring or Autumn pictures or did I miss something in the translation?

Yes, Rebecka, as I understand it, anything that suggests the start of the Spring or Autumn season to you. Quite a lot of scope for all kinds of images. Rosecat has been very clever.

Yes, well, I'm trying to think of images that don't involve flowers, but it's difficult because every plant in California seems to be blooming at the moment. :lmao:
Lucky! I've spotted a couple blooming pink trees and some daffodils...but not much else, yet.

Really super Kay. I love the cropping. I like the fact that the big tree isn't in the middle because that would look like you'd 'mirrored' it. The colours are great too. Just lovely.

Really super Kay. I love the cropping. I like the fact that the big tree isn't in the middle because that would look like you'd 'mirrored' it. The colours are great too. Just lovely.
Thank you a lot!!! Happy you like it! :)

OK, time for me to enter a challenge. I put together something the other day that will fit perfect here. And yes, there was a flower used in the process. View attachment 75160
Welcome to a challenge, Jerry! Great to see your work outside of a tutorial, too (much as we rely on your tutorials) :thumbs:
And cool image!

Equinox celebration candle

image.jpeg

The bg (below) is a collab with terse :inlove: which combines two of his images with two of mine and a few rounds with SnapSeed Formulas Shift and Union. The Equinox image (above) is a painted glass candleholder plus candle given to me recently as an Equinox gift and in memory of Sam-the-dog. I was so happy to see the colours of both pieces match so closely :)

image.jpeg
The

Back
Top Bottom